Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

From a studio perspective they should do the Borg. Take the most popular villain of ST and put it with Spock and Kirk instead of a 2nd rate named crew. Sounds like a win to me.

Take the most popular Star Trek villain from people who actually watches TNG and are 47 years old...

Just saying...

Edited by kowhite

But still its marketable as fuck I feel. They could amp that shit up.

I watched Khan last night, goddamn, that movie just gets better.

Honestly...

I think you overrate the Borg. They were 1990s cool. Not sure they're quite the sell today. They are basically space zombies, which on the surface is amusing, but they look kinda silly.

Edited by kowhite

Honestly...

I think you overrate the Borg. They were 1990s cool. Not sure they're quite the sell today. They are basically space zombies, which on the surface is amusing, but they look kinda silly.

I agree, but I would see them completely redesigning and doing the Borg modern, space zombies sound cool to me. End of the day I don't really care if they do or not though.

I hoped we would get a war movie with Klingons attacking the Federation. Alas, it doesn't look like that's what we are getting. :(

Fuuuuuck that.

"Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."

I want THIS.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 3

Fuuuuuck that.

"Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."

I want THIS.

This is the reason I actually like Star Trek V

• Like 1

This is the reason I actually like Star Trek V

Ok, ok...

I realize your opinion...is unpopular...

But yes. I fucking agree.

Even though yes, ST5 is seriously flawed. But come on...the Kirk Spock McCoy camaraderie...the fucking soundtrack...it's not all bad.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

Fuuuuuck that.

I want THIS.

I feel like the TV show format is much better for that. Here's hoping they make a new show. Doesn't necessarily have to be about the Enterprise...

I feel like the TV show format is much better for that. Here's hoping they make a new show. Doesn't necessarily have to be about the Enterprise...

I don't disagree...

But God dammit...if a great movie can be made embracing that concept...could be made...

Come on, that's what I want.

5 more ST films...sold.

Borg?

Come on Jay, you're more creative than that.

Well, since Trelane was a Q, they could do a Squire of Gothos type thingie and bring in the Borg that way. :)

:|

I really sound like a nerd, don't I? :(

Edited by Ruthie
  • Like 1