Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Can't imagine it's not better than Into Darkness. Hoping it's weightless, breezy and delivers a big smile.

It feels like every big movie coming out these days is light and breezy. Nothing wrong with light and breezy, I guess that's how summer movies are supposed to be. I just wish there was more variety. Like, Jason Bourne is the only movie I am kind of looking forward to this summer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

So let me get this straight... Summer films shouldn't be allowed to be light, breezy, fun films? Loooool!!

Sounds really stupid.

8 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

It feels like every big movie coming out these days is light and breezy. Nothing wrong with light and breezy, I guess that's how summer movies are supposed to be. I just wish there was more variety. Like, Jason Bourne is the only movie I am kind of looking forward to this summer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

So let me get this straight... Summer films shouldn't be allowed to be light, breezy, fun films? Loooool!!

Sounds really stupid.

No. Summer films shouldn't all be light, breezy, and fun. That's pretty much everything we had this summer.

Edited by Goffe

1 minute ago, The47th said:

Read again. You missed the part of "big movie".

Big movies in the summer are going to be fun, breezy, action films. Been that way since Jaws came out. You people crack me up. You really need to do more 'research.'

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Sounds like Into Darkness to me.

does it? strange, that didn't seem to be a common point between positive and negative reviews for STiD at the time like it seems to be for Beyond. Even for someone who hasn't seen any Trek stuff outside of the Abrams movies, Beyond reeks fanboy pandering and not much else besides it. 

1 minute ago, Goffe said:

does it? strange, that didn't seem to be a common point between positive and negative reviews for STiD at the time like it seems to be for Beyond. Even for someone who hasn't seen any Trek stuff outside of the Abrams movies, Beyond reeks fanboy pandering and not much else besides it. 

Pretty sure StiD 'homaging' Wrath of Khan has been a major point of contention since its release.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Pretty sure StiD 'homaging' Wrath of Khan has been a major point of contention since its release.

and yet it didn't feel that way for someone oblivious to the Star Trek universe.