Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

2 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Ive seen the Original 6 movies a few times. Only the Next Gen once before and less recently, plus they are worse. 

I'm finding that a hard point argue against, even though I really, really, want to.

Edited by RandomJC
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I'm finding that a hard point argue against, even though I really, really, want to.

Well actually I don't mind any of The Next Generations films and even think one of them is excellent (FC of course), and my least favorite film is part of the original six, so I could argue against Jay's point probably. Heh!

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Even if it underperforms, the Star Trek isn't going to die since we have the upcoming CBS series which I doubt CBS would have considered had it not been for the success of the films.

I think Lin is doing gonna direct the 4th (cast is already signed on)

Plus I think this one will make more WW. Even if its does the same as SITD WW it cost 40m less. 

5 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Well actually I don't mind three out of four of The Next Generations films and even think one of them is excellent (FC of course), and my least favorite film is part of the original six, so I could argue against that point probably. Heh!

TNG was my crew growing up. but TOS does have the better films. Wrath of Kahn can be argued as the best, followed by First Contact, followed by 6 and 4. then Insurrection and Generations can sit in the middle with Search for Spock. Motion picture gets an edge for special effects, and Nemesis and the god one can fight it out for bottom of the barrel.

Edited by RandomJC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

TNG was my crew growing up. but TOS does have the better films. Wrath of Kahn can be argued as the best, followed by First Contact, followed by 6 and 4. then Insurrection and Generations can fight it out with Search for Spock. Motion picture gets an edge for special effects, and Nemesis and the god one can fight it out for bottom of the barrel.

My favorite Star Trek film is actually The Voyage Home. My least favorite is The Final Frontier. 2, First Contact, 6, 3, Generations, Nemesis, Insurrection, and The Motion Picture are all in the middle.

• Like 2

Just now, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

My favorite Star Trek film is actually The Voyage Home. My least favorite is The Final Frontier. 2, First Contact, 6, 3, Generations, Nemesis, Insurrection, and The Motion Picture are all in the middle.

I can't really argue with that either. :lol: Voyage Home never worked that much for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

I can't really argue with that either. :lol: Voyage Home never worked that much for me.

It's probably my favorite more on an entertainment level, although I'll acknowledge that 2, 6, and First Contact are the better crafted movies in terms of actual storytelling.

Ranking Star Trek films??

6 - The Undiscovered Country

2 - Wrath of Khan

11 - Star Trek 09

4 - Voyage Home

8 - First Contact

12 - Into Darkness

1 - The Motion Picture

9 - Insurrection

3 - The Search for Spock

10 - Nemesis

7 - Generations

5 - The Final Frontier

Although to be frank those bottom 3 are all on the same level IMO

• Like 3

Just now, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

It's probably my favorite more on an entertainment level, although I'll acknowledge that 2, 6, and First Contact are the better crafted movies in terms of actual storytelling.

I never tend to get into movies that rely on era specifics as part of their gimmick/plot that predate my experiences. So Voyage Home deriving so much of it's humor and even plot from 80s culture, it falls flat for me. Still a fun movie, just won't ever be as fun as it was for my parents.

9 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I never tend to get into movies that rely on era specifics as part of their gimmick/plot that predate my experiences. So Voyage Home deriving so much of it's humor and even plot from 80s culture, it falls flat for me. Still a fun movie, just won't ever be as fun as it was for my parents.

Well yeah. It's definitely of it's time. Doesn't make it not entertainment for me though.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

I enjoyed the Voyage Home more than Wrath of Khan, when I first watched these movies. Vulcan Kim Cattrall, Cold War analogy, dueling Shakespeare quotes, a conspiracy, a trial, the Excelsior, and a cloaked BoP made ST6 so magical...

I think you're referring to UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY. ;)

btw, Meyer wanted to bring back Saavik and have her be the one to "betray" Spock. Certainly would've given that moment greater impact, though it was handled well anyway.

• Like 4