ecstasy

Wednesday Numbers 11/13/2013-Thor 2 Mighty Drop $3,565,731

As much fun as it is to bash Spidey 3 on here, let's get back on topic. Holy shit, that Thor number is a trainwreck. Oh well, I enjoyed the movie a lot and looks like it'll make enough to get a sequel.

Awful number isn't it? Wasn't expecting that big of a drop.

You mean, this scene never happened?

A proper Venom fight on the other hand, did never happen in the movie. One bomb and done.

It was promptly followed by the hokey raindrops scene, which nearly ruined it. And he didn't say he was becoming a man, or any of the classic lines Stan and John used. I love SM2 to death, but SM3 is not that much different. It's just perceived as such, since it didn't do anything but disappoint ridiculously high expectations. Is anyone willing to say they didn't expect SM3 to be as good or better than SM2?

• Like 1

well to be fair, coming from someone who knows the box office pretty well, Thor's drop today was actually pretty bad on a historical level.  However, if something changes today and it stays flat or increases small today, then everything should be okay for Thor.  

I would also like to say I like how November is going to shape out.  I was a little worried about how low this November would come compared to last year since there was much more going on last year with movies to choose for, but the counterprogramming for Thor, this weekend with Best Man and the counterprogramming, and next week I do not think anything will get hit hard.  Bottom line is, alot of movies will have alot of good legs and this year will find a way to still pump in solid November numbers.  On a philosophical level it is to be expected.  The American audience is going to pump in x amount of dollars for the November month regardless and one has to figure out how that money will channel to all movies.  The only thing that differs with this is the surprise sleeper hits.  Other factors that affect the change in a month's performance is the weather and the theme and mood of the country, but x amount of dollars will still exist for the month of November.  That being said, one could probably calculate how the rest of November will play out.

Those spider-man 3 images make me proud to be a follower of the box office all the way to these forums.  Only on these forums will you see those Tobe Maguire images and those images will make anyones day.  Where else would you ever see that? 

Edited by dmatrixfilmdx

I mean, the mere fact that it's been 6.5 years and this board is still not over that damn movie proves my point that, just like IM3, most people just feel betrayed. Which is a purely emotional response and not a logical one. So, while you all hate SM3 emotionally, you can't truly prove it was a horrible movie(just a horrible experience for you). Hence, the use of the dancing/jazz scenes as a crutch. The psychology of it all fascinates me to no end. :P

• Like 2

I mean, the mere fact that it's been 6.5 years and this board is still not over that damn movie proves my point that, just like IM3, most people just feel betrayed. Which is a purely emotional response and not a logical one. So, while you all hate SM3 emotionally, you can't truly prove it was a horrible movie(just a horrible experience for you). Hence, the use of the dancing/jazz scenes as a crutch. The psychology of it all fascinates me to no end. :P

Or you can be in my camp, the one that said SM1 and SM2 were both very flawed, average films to begin with. Took a lot of shit at SHH for that but it's funny how many of those sheep turned on the film when SM3 came out and had, like you said, a lot of the same flaws as the first two films (just ramped up on steroids).

• Like 1

Those spider-man 3 images make me proud to be a follower of the box office all the way to these forums.  Only on these forums will you see those Tobe Maguire images and those images will make anyones day.  Where else would you ever see that?  if one showed these to a class in high school and they were an outsider/geek, they would get such an amazing reception.  There is alot of humor and intelligence in that!

I K R

Posted ImagePosted Image

Maybe Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be a reverse Spider-Man 3. Since it looks like it's promising something that looks really, really, really stupid it'll actually be pretty cool?

Posted Image

I have to agree, that other than the costume, the pictures of ASM2 are not blowing wind up my skirt(don't you dare go there, people, it's just an expression, dammit).

But if enough people have a shared horrible experience, does that not make the movie, by extension, horrible. I mean, I still can't sit through Spider-Man 3 even when it is on TV.

IM3 was betrayal because they thought they could make it like an anti-Iron Man 2 and have Iron Man 3 be a lukewarm decent movie and then everyone claps and says yay, that might be the best Iron Man yet.  Just because they made a better Iron Man movie does not mean it was a good movie!!!!  (breathing fire scene?)  STEP UP YOUR QUALITY GAME DIRECTORS and Producers!!!