Films

Weekend estimates:Thor 2 $38.4m, TBMH $30.6m

He's not a big star. That's the point. That's why T: TDW not doing very well despite no competition for two weeks is disappointing.

Well he wasn't the star of the movie. It was an ensemble cast of well known actors in the black community. In spite of what is seen around the world there are a lot of black people in America. You make a movie they want to see they'll come out and support it. I think that's what people are missing here.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

Well he wasn't the star of the movie. It was an ensemble cast of well known actors in the black community. In spite of what is seen around the world there are a lot of black people in America. You make a movie they want to see they'll come out and support it. I think that's what people are missing here.

But is it supposed to be T: TDW's competition?

But is it supposed to be T: TDW's competition?

I don't think anybody thought before this weekend that it would be. But that doesn't change the fact that it is competition whether anybody thought it was supposed to be or not. Thor has been underperforming all week so it's no shock this weekend will be in the 30s. However, not many if anybody thought BMH would get anywhere near 30m.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

Team Sparkle doesn't need that; Thor will suffer enough from catching fire and then being frozen.

I'm shocked to say that team Sparkle is looking really good now.

• Like 2

I don't think anybody thought before this weekend that it would be. But that doesn't change the fact that it is competition whether anybody thought it was supposed to be or not.

It surely is. I just wonder if it affected it big time or T: TDW wom is just mediocre. The original's second weekend is almost the same.

It surely is. I just wonder if it affected it big time or T: TDW wom is just mediocre. The original's second weekend is almost the same.

WOM could be mediocre or maybe it just has limited appeal or both.

• Like 1

Toldya!

Harvey Weinstein spoonfeeding Top 10 box office numbers for 2nd weekend in a row to Deadline Hollywood. Copy/Paste/Post.

She is right though. Those estimates are such a great copy/paste job that no one at Deadline could've come up with that. It was obviously done by a guy who works as a number-cruncher at one of the studios.

• Like 2