Punishment

Weekend Actuals 11/15-11/17 TTDW $36.6m TBMH $30.1m

And the kind of multiplier I've been predicting for it. Considering there are a lot of SH sequels and non-sequels with 2-2.25 multis, this is not a bad performance(I didn't say good, lol).

I agree.. Its standart..Only new factor here was winter/holiday time..Did not help much either

I remember people saying Avengers effect and Loki's "huge popularity" and Chris Hemsworth rising star was going to take Thor 2 to 250m or higher. Looks like these things did not help the movie as much as people thought

Right. Most people have acknowledged that. Does repeating it over and over help release some sort of frustration for you?

• Like 6

I remember people saying Avengers effect and Loki's "huge popularity" and Chris Hemsworth rising star was going to take Thor 2 to 250m or higher. Looks like these things did not help the movie as much as people thought

I thought it would help a bit more too.

The fact that ThorTDW isn't quite as good as IM3 surely isn't helping though.

Right. Most people have acknowledged that. Does repeating it over and over help release some sort of frustration for you?

It's a thread about Thor's numbers so it is relevantBefore you call me a hater I actually liked Thor 2 Edited by John Marston

I missed you. ;) 

Get in line, AA, my intrepid but misguided nemesis from the old BOM haunts.As a peace offering to you, I am willing to bid, in your honor, on Andrew Gafield's autographed AARP card when he puts up for charity auction to promote that film he's in next May. Of course, I may opt to bid for a charity dinner with him instead because it should be cheaper given the senior discount he receives due to his advanced age.
  • Like 1

There's always disillusioned souls in this forum.

• Like 2

It's a thread about Thor's numbers do it is relevant

I know. But it seems like you keep posting the same thing as though people are debating against it, and only the real loonies are. The movie isn't going to increase that much, the WOM on it is only okay, and its legs will be mediocre. Obviously some people overestimated what the Avengers would mean for it domestically, it happens. Especially since the whole "Avengers bump" effect was uncharted waters

I know. But it seems like you keep posting the same thing as though people are debating against it, and only the real loonies are. The movie isn't going to increase that much, the WOM on it is only okay, and its legs will be mediocre. Obviously some people overestimated what the Avengers would mean for it domestically, it happens. Especially since the whole "Avengers bump" effect was uncharted waters

He wants to rub your noses in it! Just let him, lol.

I thought it would help a bit more too.

The fact that ThorTDW isn't quite as good as IM3 surely isn't helping though.

I just think no matter what, Thor is just a harder sell. Takes a while to warm up to all that Asgardian lingo.

Edited by ECSTASY

There's always disillusioned souls in this forum.

It`s  "i want to believe" position. But I am happy with this movie performance as I predicted 610-650 ww and it looks to be a spot on. Third movie will make 750 if its good but non of Thor movies will come close to 1b.

Edited by Talon

I just think no matter what, Thor is just a harder sell. Takes a while to warm up to all that Asgardian lingo.

I think it just comes down to this:

Robert Downey, Jr. > Chris Hemsworth

I personally like Thor 1 and 2 better than Iron Man 2 and 3, but Downey brings a lot of charisma to the screen.  I'm not sure if any of the other Marvel movies (non Downey) will be able to break $250m domestic.  Thor 2 is going to have a tough time just making it to $200m.

But it also brings up interesting discussion about how other Marvel movies will perform. I see people predicting big numbers for movies like GOTG and Ant Mam just because they are Marvel movies