Punishment

Weekend Actuals 11/15-11/17 TTDW $36.6m TBMH $30.1m

iJack is and always has been just as ridiculous as BKB. No one takes either seriously

Anyway the drop is okay, just like almost everything else about Thor 2's run. Not impressive, not bad, just ok

Yep, it`s nice and all but nothing spectacular or really bad just as a movie itself. Now interesting to see how CA:TWS will behave, but I hope no one expecting too much from it.

Are you sure about that? IM3, an equally wretched and forgettable movie, dropped only one per cent more despite opening to twice as much and facing off against a film that opened to $50M starring one of the biggest names on the planet. Thor 2 had to contend with a film that only opened to $30M and it was a niche movie which white audience members largely avoided like they do most movies featuring an all black cast. Thor 2's weekend was unimpressive by any standard.

I missed you. ;)

I never said anything about what caused the drop or implying that Thor 2 was going to sprout long legs. I was just stating a fact. Anything less than 60% from a SH sequel is a positive, regardless of any outside factors. Some SH sequels(and some first runners) have dropped worse without direct competition.

Edited by Accursed Architect!™

Even then I'd say it's still not one of the best. 

You may say that, but it doesn't make it true. And, of course, I'm talking post 2000. Don't pull out Batman Returns and Superman II on me. :P

I missed you. ;)

I never said anything about what caused the drop or implying that Thor 2 was going to sprout long legs. I was just stating a fact. Anything less than 60% from a SH sequel is a positive, regardless of any outside factors. Some SH sequels(and some first runners) have dropped worse without direct competition.

Besides the X-Men films and the super hyped TDKR, what (decent) SH sequels have dropped harder than 60%?

How is that a good drop for Thor? Even DH1 fell 59% despite opening almost 50% higher. Sorry...there is nothing at all impressive about Thor's run. Completely mediocre.

Hmm go figure..I actully agree with one of your posts..First time for everything :)Pretty funny to think about when you also wrote my favorite post of all time here..

How is that a good drop for Thor? Even DH1 fell 59% despite opening almost 50% higher. Sorry...there is nothing at all impressive about Thor's run. Completely mediocre.

Hmm go figure..I actully agree with one of your posts..First time for everything :)Pretty funny to think about when you also wrote my favorite post of all time here..

Besides the X-Men films and the super hyped TDKR, what (decent) SH sequels have dropped harder than 60%?

I think you guys are all overreacting to my simple numbers statement. In no way, shape or form, am I trying to imply this is a "good" drop for Thor 2. SH films have bad legs. It's just the way it is. And "decent" is a totally subjective label, so I'm not even going to bother answering that.

Apples to apples?

I think you guys are all overreacting to my simple numbers statement. In no way, shape or form, am I trying to imply this is a "good" drop for Thor 2. SH films have bad legs. It's just the way it is. And "decent" is a totally subjective label, so I'm not even going to bother answering that.

It will have a typical 2,5-2,6 multiplier for such a movie

Next weekend is the big one. X2 fell to 17M in its 3rd weekend when Matrix Reloaded debuted.TASM fell to 10M after TDKR hit theatersAny thoughts to how Thor will perform?

Around 55% IMO

Looks like sunday fucked Thors estimates :(

45% is a huge Sunday drop, even during this time of year. But, it's not the worst in the top 10(Oh, wait, now I'll be accused of saying Thor 2 is performing great again).

• Like 2

It will have a typical 2,5-2,6 multiplier for such a movie

And the kind of multiplier I've been predicting for it. Considering there are a lot of SH sequels and non-sequels with 2-2.25 multis, this is not a bad performance(I didn't say good, lol).

Edited by Accursed Architect!™