Punishment

Weekend Actuals 11/15-11/17 TTDW $36.6m TBMH $30.1m

But it also brings up interesting discussion about how other Marvel movies will perform. I see people predicting big numbers for movies like GOTG and Ant Mam just because they are Marvel movies

Don't forget Cap. People predict that it will increase hugely OS but I just cant see it. It will increase, sure, but not like TDW. 

Edited by Talon

But it also brings up interesting discussion about how other Marvel movies will perform. I see people predicting big numbers for movies like GOTG and Ant Mam just because they are Marvel movies

Ant Man will have big numbers. Just you wait and see. :ph34r:

gotg has a very nice interesting(the most interesting in MCU for me) cast with some star wars feeling. I hope it does well. If it has a stellar marketting with rocket raccoon on front could be amazing

I've heard some interesting rumours about ant-man that the cast will be very diverse and marvel is looking for variety in this movie and paul rudd thing is just a rumour at this stage. if edgar wright - joe cornish duo deliver it right then it might be a fun surprise

I hope cap can pass thor 2's dom

• Like 1

And the kind of multiplier I've been predicting for it. Considering there are a lot of SH sequels and non-sequels with 2-2.25 multis, this is not a bad performance(I didn't say good, lol).

You're obviously biased. There aren't a lot of superhero sequels and non-sequels with a 2-2.25 multiplier. Only Hulk, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Spider-man 3, Watchmen, Green Lantern, X-men Origins: Wolverine, and X-men: The Last Stand have multipliers that low. 

Edited by tonytr87

Happens with every movie, not just Marvel movies. Predictions will probably come down over time

I pretty much agree that people are way overestimating both at the moment

I missed you. ;)

I never said anything about what caused the drop or implying that Thor 2 was going to sprout long legs. I was just stating a fact. Anything less than 60% from a SH sequel is a positive, regardless of any outside factors. Some SH sequels(and some first runners) have dropped worse without direct competition.

And 60% 2nd-weekend drops are not the average for the genre either. 

I think it just comes down to this:

Robert Downey, Jr. > Chris Hemsworth

I personally like Thor 1 and 2 better than Iron Man 2 and 3, but Downey brings a lot of charisma to the screen.  I'm not sure if any of the other Marvel movies (non Downey) will be able to break $250m domestic.  Thor 2 is going to have a tough time just making it to $200m.

I can agree with this. The only reason I was even interested in Iron Man was because RDJ was in it. The only reason I was interested in Thor was because of the Avengers. I enjoy both. I do think Captain America has a good shot at outgrossing Thor 2 domestically. Cap just exploded in the Home Video sales.

Do you recall what Cap 1's 3D share was? I know Thor's was 60%.

I can agree with this. The only reason I was even interested in Iron Man was because RDJ was in it. The only reason I was interested in Thor was because of the Avengers. I enjoy both. I do think Captain America has a good shot at outgrossing Thor 2 domestically. Cap just exploded in the Home Video sales.Do you recall what Cap 1's 3D share was? I know Thor's was 60%.

Cap had a 40% 3D share

I can agree with this. The only reason I was even interested in Iron Man was because RDJ was in it. The only reason I was interested in Thor was because of the Avengers. I enjoy both. I do think Captain America has a good shot at outgrossing Thor 2 domestically. Cap just exploded in the Home Video sales.

Do you recall what Cap 1's 3D share was? I know Thor's was 60%.

40%

• Like 1

Thanks makes sense.

But I'm still puzzled by almost 20m more for Cap in Blu ray sales.  Their dvd sales are closer.

Where can I see how many copies all the MCU movies sold on Blurays and Dvds? How well did the Iron Man movies sell?

Where can I see how many copies all the MCU movies sold on Blurays and Dvds? How well did the Iron Man movies sell?

I got it from the numbers.com.  They have the all time blu ray sales chart here. That's just for blu rays. They don't have an all time DVD chart. They do have it by year. You have to search each movie individually and it will give you their total.  Don't look for anything recently released on home video because they are months behind.

http://www.the-numbers.com/alltime-bluray-sales-chart

• Like 1