Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Wow. Wall Street really had crazy expectations then. Guess this forum's members are not the only people who ratchet up expectations.

That should stop people from trying to play revisionist history. It wasn't just crazy people on here that were predicting much bigger numbers for the film. Investors actually opened their wallets because they were confident in a much bigger opening.

• Like 2

That should stop people from trying to play revisionist history. It wasn't just crazy people on here that were predicting much bigger numbers for the film. Investors actually opened their wallets because they were confident in a much bigger opening.

I wonder what gave Lionsgate that impression?

All these lame BKB impersonations. BKB uses words like Marvel and Avengers as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline.

Come on, Stingray, throw away that chicken-shit gun. You don't just want to pull a trigger. Put the knife in me and look me in the eye and see what's going on in there when you turn it.

• Like 1

Could this be the actual? from Deadline.com

"Shares are -7.7% at mid-day, and that’s partly due to the opening weekend performance of Hunger Games: Catching Fire which grossed $160.6M at domestic box offices and $147M internationally"

That would be funny if it is. Short of TDKR by $200,000. THG peeps would lose their minds if that happens. "Why didn't you fudge it?!!!!?"

• Founder / Operator

Could this be the actual? from Deadline.com

"Shares are -7.7% at mid-day, and that’s partly due to the opening weekend performance of Hunger Games: Catching Fire which grossed $160.6M at domestic box offices and $147M internationally"

That figure, I think, comes from a Lionsgate e-mail that still says "estimates". It sent out very early this morning, clearly another move to make sure media report it over $160m before the actual results come in lower.

EDIT: Never mind, that e-mail still says $161.125m.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2