Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

• Founder / Operator

Solid Saturday hold all things considered. This might end up right at my $159 million prediction when actuals come in tomorrow. Not sure I buy that sub-30% projected drop for today with football and pre-Thanksgiving shopping in full gear.

• Like 1

Good thing Liam was not in the movie much then. Hutcherson may not be the teen idol in terms of looks, but I feel he is much above Hemsworth in terms of performance. If they had switched roles, I don't think it would have been as effective.

I was really impressed by his acting. He was good. I didn't get that from the first movie. But then he had a lot more to work with in this one. They all did and they all did a fantastic job to me. I'm not sure about Hemsworth's acting though but I guess he fit the bill. But there was a movie on cable the other night and he was in it. I swear he looked exactly the same in that movie as this one. He doesn't deviate much from what he does from movie to movie I guess.

So the only way this movie can suprise us more is we need to have more meltdowns.

I didn't know meltdowns could be so good for a movie and so many gifs to help.

Edited by Crispylips

Solid Saturday hold all things considered. This might end up right at my $159 million prediction when actuals come in tomorrow. Not sure I buy that sub-30% projected drop for today with football and pre-Thanksgiving shopping in full gear.

Football might not be much of an issue; Hollywood Reporter is saying males were 41% of the audience. Which, by the way, is a far cry from being 12% more than the first. It's 2% more lol

Don't worry, there will be plenty from Ed tonight when Peyton Manning goes Full Derp.

I am guessing that is american "football" player. I dunno much about that sport, but why would he be? This is my blond moment, forgive me. 

• Like 1

Football might not be much of an issue; Hollywood Reporter is saying males were 41% of the audience. Which, by the way, is a far cry from being 12% more than the first. It's 2% more lol

I don't think it will be an issue either.

Telemachos you mothafucka!!Advice: There is no chance of precipitation, but Weather.com says it will "feel like" 3-6 degrees throughout Sunday night's game with the windchill factor. Per ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss, Peyton Manning has a career record of 3-7 when the temperature is below 32 degrees at kickoff, with a career TD-to-INT ratio of 11:13. It's entirely possible Manning bucks his career trends in one particular game, but also entirely possible the Broncos have devised a run-heavy plan of attack against a depleted Patriots defensive front seven. Denver is also in danger of being without Julius Thomas (knee, questionable).

• Like 1

I am guessing that is american "football" player. I dunno much about that sport, but why would he be? This is my blond moment, forgive me. 

Denmark have one of my favorite footballing stories, when they were all forced to come back from vacation and won Euro 92. The only story that compares is, maybe Ivanisevic winning Wimbledon after being given a wildcard.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

It'll be a factor to some extent though, enough to make a potential 2-3% difference from that projected 29.7% drop. Football is a religion (i.e., a family event :lol:) in a huge chunk of the country, and even Twilight dropped over 31% on the same Sunday last year with a more female-heavy audience.

Word of mouth and IMAX are in its favor, but my bet is they're projecting just enough so that the media can report it as as the biggest 2D opener/bigger than TDKR tomorrow morning.

Edited by ShawnMR

It'll be a factor to some extent though, enough to have make a potential 2-3% difference from that projected 29.7% drop. Football is a religion (i.e., a family event :lol:) in a huge chunk of the country, and even Twilight dropped over 31% on the same Sunday last year with a more female-heavy audience.

Word of mouth and IMAX are in its favor, but my bet is they're projecting just enough so that the media can report it as as the biggest 2D opener/bigger than TDKR tomorrow morning.

Not to mention, as baumer mentioned, today is the Grey Cup in Canada.

• Like 1