Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

The love triangle in this one was at times annoying, not so much with Peeta but with Gale. Waaaaaay too many kisses. Like, way too many. Should only have kissed once. Peeta and Katniss on the other hand kiss way more, because obviously for the first bit of the movie they are faking it. I am glad that they mentioned

Peeta and Katniss's favorite color!!! Especially Peeta's!!! They are hinting at MJ!

But it's true.

Stop. I'm trying to refrain myself from writing a long ass post about why DH1/DH2 largely succeeded in a big way. But...I'm too tired. Yet your bashing of Potter is getting my ass a little riled up. 

• Like 1

Since yall are talking about Matrix, users that are old enough, what was it like to see Matrix's OW go from $27M to $91M? Was everyone freaking out back in 2003?

Nah, everyone was expecting it to be huge. If anything, people were a little bummed WB chose to have early Thursday evening shows, since they were split away from the OW number.
  • Like 2

The ending is something that would be better if not so slavishly loyal to the letter of the novel. Some structural tinkering would have allowed for a better crafted reveal and reaction.

I didn't like the ending but it pleases fans so what the heck.

The most unintentionally funny moments was when they showed the tributes who died

Throughout the montage I was like 

Who are these nameless and faceless people, and why should I feel bad for them?

District 11 was shortchanged this time around, their tributes played such a big role in THG, and this time no mention of them at all.

Edited by grim22

Guys should have seen the TF3 opening day thread.Greatest meltdowns.I was going nuts with meme's of failure ad such.

For me, that was a very sad day. But after that, the movie eventually made over a billion worldwide. :)I wonder what happened on the day Prince Caspian opened LOL.
  • Like 1

He was definitely impressive. He had more to work with. I thought everybody did a good job. Characters had depth. I was also impressed with Elizabeth Banks as Effie.

ELIZABETH BANKS NAILED IT IN THIS ONE!

She was utterly hilarious and had a few tear jerker moments in there. Her outfits (though you really can't give banks credit for that) were waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the purple get-up she wore in the first one. I loved that they kept her part in saying they were a 'team' :(

• Like 1

Stop. I'm trying to refrain myself from writing a long ass post about why DH1/DH2 largely succeeded in a big way. But...I'm too tired. Yet your bashing of Potter is getting my ass a little riled up.

:lol: Hey, I liked DH1 more than I expected. If more of the franchise cut out some meandering material in order to focus more on characters, I would've liked the series more. More Harry/Hermione dance stuff -- that type of thing was desperately needed.

The most unintentionally funny moments was when they showed the tributes who died

Throughout the montage I was like 

Who are these nameless and faceless people, and why should I feel bad for them?

Definitely the 

reaping scene for me.

I couldn't help myself.

I gotta say, I really was petrified Friday from all the meltdowns here (or should I say the 'haters rejoice' union) that CF might not even break New Moon. Glad to see that 160M ^_^

Not only is it breaking New Moon's record, it's taking down Batman and Iron Man (in attendance).

That's some hefty work.

• Like 1

Nah, everyone was expecting it to be huge. If anything, people were a little bummed WB chose to have early Thursday evening shows, since they were split away from the OW number.

The opening was still quite impressive tele .

:lol: Hey, I liked DH1 more than I expected. If more of the franchise cut out some meandering material in order to focus more on characters, I would've liked the series more. More Harry/Hermione dance stuff -- that type of thing was desperately needed.

The Harry Potter/ Hermione "nude" scene freaked me out when I first saw it. :P Edited by Tarzan