32 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

On 04.01.2015 at 8:40 AM, Mango said:

I love this movie. Solid A- for me.

Totally agree 

I have been highly interested in the Zodiac killer story for the last 5 years now and I can say, without doubt, that this is the best and most accurate telling of the story as its based on true events.The film presents numerous details that were unknown to me before seeing it. All of these facts and theories are thrown together in a way that strings the viewer along, you think it's someone, then you get new information and that person is no longer a suspect. Fincher really puts you into the life of a detective working on the case. You feel just as excited when new information comes about and are equally disappointed when it leads to another dead end. It is quite interesting how the director manages so accurately convey the course of real events, after watching exactly this movie i became curious about other movies based on a true story. Even seen some from this article, trying to examine whether they disclose true cases or not. Some of them fit the real line and some don't my favorite section is crime and horror. 

On 3.8.2014 at 5:41 AM, mattmav45 said:

"I'm not the Zodiac, and if I was I wouldn't tell you."Perhaps the most important line in the whole film. This in fact may be the most important scene in the film. The initial questioning ends up being in many ways the closest we ever get to seeing the Zodiac killer (or so we want to think) up close and in person. This scenes marks the send-off into the labyrinth of twists and turns that was this case. What I love about this film is that it uses the story of the Zodiac killer to bring out the two aspects I love most about this film: the musings regarding both the media and obsession in general.I'll start with the media aspect first as I feel that leads directly into the obsessions. There is so much interesting stuff to be had here. In particular I felt the film showed how the media can create facts in the minds of people. It can direct the path of where a story goes whether such path is warranted or not. In a way the Zodiac killer himself is a bi-product of the media. So much is ultimately unknown and yet the media had no problem jumping to conclusion after conclusion. On the obsession realm the film shows how the Zodiac affected not only his victims but rather the lives of everyone out to get him. There are avenues explored to no end over and over only to come up empty. It is quite frankly a brutal cycle in which there is no escape.The way the film tracks the timeline is brilliant in bringing out the obsessive nature on display. It is in fact quite disorienting with all the constant time lapses and jumps. It makes one realize just how easily it is to get wrapped up in it all. The film ends almost 160 minutes in and as a viewer you are not ready to give in just yet. The obsession has indeed seeped into your being as well.What a great ending scene. The guy picks Leigh out of a line-up and says he's an "8" regarding his confidence level. As much we hate to admit it, that level of doubt remains. We still aren't completely sure. And then the filim ends........brilliant.A delirious trip into the mind of a serial killer and the inevitable collateral damage left in his wake.

Best review one could write about that brilliant movie that I now want to rewatch for the fifth or sixth time.

Still an A.

• Like 1

Love this movie! David Fincher has made a cult classic thriller!

I keep watching this movie every 3-4 months thats how crazy i am :D Movie has a very interesting premise and the way characters are designed are top notch. Every character in this movie has a prominent role and their performances too stand out. 

After watching this movie every time i start reading about Vallejo murders and stuff. This movie keeps you hooked till the end even though it has zero action which is not needed considering how fincher has presented the movie!

10/10