baumer

Thurs#s Rth: CF 15 FRZ 11-11.5 (Nikki still drunk from 2010, says 13.7 for CF)

Catching Fire is selling out in Portugal. Several theaters already had to add more shows. CF is officially a hit.

EDIT: Then again, The Counselor did sold 33000 tickets in his first 4 days, that is more than Gravity, Captain Phillips, 2 Guns, White House Down, The Great Gatsby and almost the same as Man of Steel.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 6

I realize we don't have a holiday here but I don't see any sellouts in Canada right now for anything.  Then again, in the east, our workday doesn't end for another 2 hours.

I realize we don't have a holiday here but I don't see any sellouts in Canada right now for anything.  Then again, in the east, our workday doesn't end for another 2 hours.

There were like 3 cineplex sellouts for all of Toronto on CF's opening day.  I'm not expecting any sellouts this weekend.

Ok thanks.  I didn't know today was pretty much a holiday for everyone.

Pretty much....unless you work retail or dining. 

Largely any office, cubicle farm type job goes ahead gives the employees this day as well. Those that don't get "sick", but that's what led the smart companies to just give the day anyway. Nothing got done. And of course schools are closed K-Univ as well. So sellouts should be expected at anytime, any year if the films are good enough. 

• Like 1

As of 3:20p.m. eastern timeCatching Fire - 4 Sellout in Virginia Beach, VA

Frozen - 14 Sellouts in Virginia Beach, VA

very impressive, at the rate of sellouts I think Frozen will win here

• Like 1

Ok thanks.  I didn't know today was pretty much a holiday for everyone.

Yeah, outside of retail most businesses are closed today.  Was going to see CF this afternoon, but may avoid the insane crowds this weekend and catch it next week instead.