lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

The Counselor is slick and calculated but there's some seriously fucked up stuff in it. A scene involving the use of a "bolito" was genuinely "oh shit, wtf is that" inducing. There's also a quick shot of a pickled dead body in a barrel covered in human feces that screwed with me for hours.

As of 5:05p.m. eastern time

Catching Fire - 6 Sellouts in San Antonio, TX

Frozen - 7 Sellouts in San Antonio, TX

As of 5:30p.m. eastern time

Catching Fire - 2 Sellouts in San Antonio, TX

Frozen - 1 Sellouts in San Antonio, TX

• Like 1

Well, fuck it. I'm a proud independent woman who's gonna watch Frozen when it comes out.

Wait, you're a woman?

I still don't understand how, even yesterday, Frozen was leading nearly every theater you posted, had 3D and yet still managed to open lower than Catching Fire. Something's fishy here.

I think he said that all the sellouts were 2D showings

I still don't understand how, even yesterday, Frozen was leading nearly every theater you posted, had 3D and yet still managed to open lower than Catching Fire. Something's fishy here.

Frozen was only leading big time in Texas and CF managed to get closer with night shows. Everywhere else, CF was even or ahead. Also CF had far more showtimes than Frozen.

• Like 2

Wait, you're a woman?

I think he said that all the sellouts were 2D showings

That was a joke, meaning that if the movie is for girls as Movie man said, I'd proudly become one to watch it.

Catching Fire had more than two times the showing, its the same today, Frozen may sell out every showing with 40 overall, but Catching Fire doesn't have to come close to that if it has 80 or more showings.

Didn't Pitt end up ... horrible? 

Yeah, but 

Michael Fassbender has to live the rest of his (short) miserable life knowing his wife was killed and used in a snuff film. I'd say that's pretty bad.

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

Simple answer to that. CF had double if not triple or quadruple the show times that frozen had + matinees ticket prices for kids. CF had less room to sellout with show times playing every 15-30 mins.
  • Like 2

Frozen was only leading big time in Texas and CF managed to get closer with night shows. Everywhere else, CF was even or ahead. Also CF had far more showtimes than Frozen.

Not to mention all the kid tickets Frozen is selling. I'm sure it's at least 70% families seeing this.

Uhhh, can you be more specific? My mind is blank right now... no pun intended

Lupita Nyong'o, Patsey. She's gonna be mentally tormented and physically tortured, probably raped too for the remainder of her life.

Lupita Nyong'o, Patsey. She's gonna be mentally tormented and physically tortured, probably raped too for the remainder of her life.

Oh... that's a good point. I wouldn't count her lasting more than a year without Solomon there to protect her though.

Y'know, 12YAS didn't do much for me when I first watched it, but thinking back on it, I'm more and more impressed by it. It's definitely a movie that grows on you

As of 5:15p.m. eastern time

Catching Fire - 10 Sellouts in Dallas, TX

Frozen - 43 Sellouts in Dallas, TX

As of 5:45p.m. eastern time

Catching Fire - 4 Sellouts in Dallas, TX

Frozen - 24 Sellouts in Dallas, TX

• Like 2