Films

Worst 66 movie characters ever

Dude, imo, I think you need to cool it with some of the polls.  Some of them are great but stuff like this imo is kind of useless.  100 worst movie characters?  Really?  How about 25.  100 requires too much thought and research and it will discourage people from participating.

Just my opinion.

• Like 3

Are you discounting characters from TV shows which got made into movies (eg, Star Trek + Firefly) like Chasmmi? (Star Trek reboot excluded)

I won't completely discount it but ill say 20 maximum- is that fairAlso you do not have to submit a top 100 but it would be better if you do

Because it's a third of 100, and 100 is too many (requires too much thought, says baumer)

It is hard to get a big turn out when you have top 100 polls.  Sims top 100 movies of all-time seems to get a high response. However, I remember when we did the top 100 films songs. There were only 6 of us that voted: you, me, Baumer, Chasmmi, and the other 2 voters escape me at the moment.

After that, I tried to only have top 50s and top 25s. I did have a bigger poll when  we did the best movie for every year from 1930-2012. That had a huge turn out. But, generally speaking, it is very tough to get lots of ballots for top 100s. In my experience, I would very rarely go higher than a top 50. And for a lot of polls, a top 25 is great.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 2