Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti Kitchen: Year 8 (COUNTDOWN!!!)

Don't worry, I'm here now. :)

American Gods - B-

So...I'm reading the book now, so I was skeptical of reading this film to avoid book spoilers, but oh well. Anyways, it's visually impressive and has a great premise, though it comes together not quite perfectly. I feel like it could have been longer, as the film tries to cram so much in and creates a bit of a rushed pace as a result.

Remember Me - C+

Again, a solid premise and some exciting visuals, although the plot isn't as clean and well developed as it ought to be.

Kill Them - D+

Even the awesome action sequences can't make up for a silly script. In fact, Chloe Moretz's character just kind of dissapears during the final act.

Patchwork - C+

Some good scares and meta fun can be had with this film, although it does become a bit silly at times. Horror isn't really my thing, but at least this genre fare is pretty inspited.

Time, Space, and One Blue Box - B

I enjoy Doctor Who, so this documentary was a fun look at its wild and wonderful history and following.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - B-

The action set pieces, the witty dialogue, and more continue the Uncharted charm, but it needed a longer runtime to accomodate for the action and event-packed plot. See American Gods.

The Immune: Permanence - C+

I felt a bit out of it when I wrote this film. I wanted a fun franchise conclusion unique to the trilogy, but I might have diverged a bit too much. Oh, well.

Midnight in the Afghan Valley - B-

I reviewed this way back when at CIFF Y8. It's fine.

• Like 2

Fault of my terrible english.  :wacko:

You actually have pretty good English. I'm just not sure why you wrote the plot as a script rather than a plot summary .(It's happened a few times with some success in the Original CAYOM, though.)

• Like 1

You actually have pretty good English. I'm just not sure why you wrote the plot as a script rather than a plot summary .(It's happened a few times with some success in the Original CAYOM, though.)

Thanks :) and sorry I was using the movies of older years CAYON as a base model to write Remember Me.

I did another movie called Madel, it will be easier to understand because it is in the summary form.

Sorry again, I will not write as script my upcoming movies. :)

Edited by alisson23

Using a script for portions of a movie can work. It's just very hard to use for the full synopsis, even for people with English as a first language.

The movie Remember Me I had written as a script because I wanted to create a suspense. I thought that if I did a summary of the story would be too obvious and would leave out the suspense but now I understand, I should have used script only at the beginning and the rest should be a summary.

I might try to throw together a top 25 for the year, but I won't promise reviews.

D'aww. I like your reviews. Quick and to the point. Unlike mine, which go on rambling about some minor nitpick.....

Although, I can't exactly blame you. There are a lot of lengthy ones this quarter.

• Like 1

And the list begins!

25. Killer Computer 2

It's Nicolas Cage in a Killer Computer movie. Enough said.

24. Darkseed

A bizarre yet strangely entertaining and funny horror diversion.

23. Thomas Was Alone

The transition from game to film is never an easy one, but Thomas works on account of its clever design, unique storytelling, and generally likeable oddness.

22. Dragon Age: Awakening

The overlong and overstuffed criticisms for the film aren't wrong, but the film still manages to boast some strong intensity in both action and intrigue, making it worth wile in the end. I'll also never pass up anything with Cumberbatch.

21. Life

While you could argue that there's a pro-America slant, I still feel like the film has its heart in the right place and boasts some pretty nice cinematography, too. If nothing else, it's fairly interesting.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 1

20. Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Search

It's not quite as wonderful as the series, but the spark of imagination, heart, and humor that made it so great is still there to some extent. I'm always on Team Avatar!

19. Death Note: The Game Begins

A surprisingly smart and atmospheric adaption of the first chapter in the horror manga saga.

18. In The Mountains of Madness

Yeah, it's a copy paste Wiki entry, but given just how awesome the original story is, paired with some capable direction, and there's still room for it on this list.

17. StarCraft: Brood War

I like Fury of the Swarm a bit more, but this still keeps the StarCraft spirit alive and well.

16. American Gods

The concept and fairly decent execution work well enough for me to give this a nice place on this list. Now if only I can get Neil Gaiman out of my falafel.

• Like 3

Dagnabbit, why is everyone stretching out their countdowns?

And, more importantly, why the hell didn't I think of doing that first?

15. A Love To Die For

JLaw and Tatum have infectious chemistry in this witty and clever romantic comedy.

14. Two Way Road

It starts off a bit slowly, but there's no denying that the concept is fairly interesting, and execution is pretty sharp.

13. The Concert's End

It doesn't quite have the power to make history more exciting than ever, but there's still a great deal of smart intrigue and subtle excitement in this well acted, well produced period picture. Fassbender in particular is fantastic.

12. The Guardian of the West

A pretty cool documentary about a famous western figure and his legacy, not to mention an awesome Bryan Cranston narration.

11. The Deadline

Sometimes it could afford to take on a bit more subtlety, but this is still an effective and emotionally rich dramedy about living life to its greatest potential, even amidst the hardest of situations. 

• Like 1