10 members have voted

1. 1. Ben Hur

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Lol I remember AMC which for some reason plays movies in full screen, had this on.OMG they played the Chariot Race in full screen... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:Anyways It came on a few years back on Easter on Turner Classic Movies and I sat for like 3.5 hours watching the film.The first 2+ hours are great and the charriot race is a scene you will never forget.The film gets choppy in the last hour however it remains good.Its one of the most epic films ever made and I wish Hollywood could make films as epic as this again.A

Amazing film, I haven't seen the Blu-Ray but I have the 4Disc set that WB released a few years back and it still looks fantastic on my HD screen. Even my wife who doesn't normally care for films before 1980 likes this.A

Edited by narniadis

Frankly I noticed people who think they cannot like old film likley do like one.For example I remember a friend who never watches old films comes up to me and is like"yoh the Clint Eastwood movie with the Bad and Ugly was epic!"

Imo a lot of the old epics are nowhere as good ^

Ten Commandments is good but is wayy wayy to long however I just love they way the deliver lines in the film. The most smallest things sounds so epic.

Sparatacus is a good film as well but is not as grand as this film and end off in a sad way.

I would recommend .... Lawrence Of Arabia, Bridge on The River, and Dr. Zhivago. (yes David Lean)