CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

The difference is that DOS is (mostly) fun bloat.

I haven't seen it yet so I can't comment on that but most of the complaints I'm hearing are saying, it is more of the same. I'm actually happy about that as I probably will enjoy it as I really liked AUJ. 

Ehhh, I'd disagree with that too. I mean, my current top eight are full of legitimately great films and I haven't seen the last of the OCs this year.

8. 12 Years a Slave

7. Star Trek Into Darkness (cue everyone saying how dare I rank this above 12 Years, but screw it, I liked STID)

6. Fruitvale Station

5. Captain Phillips

4. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

3. The World's End

2. Frozen

1. Gravity

Gravity itself makes up for this entire year IMO. Easily the best movie since 2010 at least

Agree. This was a great year for films in general. 

Tyler Perry was basically the Richard Pryor of the mid 2000's. If you look at some of the films that were number one in the early 80s like "Jo Jo Dancer" most people would have no clue what that is.

Tyler Perry was basically the Richard Pryor of the mid 2000's. If you look at some of the films that were number one in the early 80s like "Jo Jo Dancer" most people would have no clue what that is.

Yeah cept Richard Pryor was funny.

• Like 1

I kind of feel bad about this Hobbit number, but I can't say I'm surprised.  Nobody's talking about it whereas last year there were a ton of people on my facebook sharing links to the trailer and anticipating it.

Also, I thought Madea would do a lot better since tracking and presales were so strong but I'm kind of happy it's not breaking out since I didn't include it in my Winter Game  :ph34r:

Could it be the first non-frontloaded Madea movie though? 13m/55m doesn't seem out of the question and that would put it in the low end of Madea movies but not that bad.

Don't feel bad. Serve shit get shit.

I actually really liked the LOTR trilogy but jumped on the "Floppit" train after falling asleep during my 3D TH1 showing.  What a waste of $14 lol.  I still haven't watched TH2 yet but I actually hope it's a good movie.

• Like 1