29 members have voted

1. 1. Casablanca

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

didn't like the begining, the rest was very good. 65/100

Maybe the awful subtitles and people talking out loud in my session hurt my enjoyament of the film, need to watch a second time.

Edited by Goffe

Finally managed to watch a film I was scared to watch for so long (as it's possibly the only black and white film (from the pre colour era) that ever looked like it would stand up as a film to a modern viewer (aka me) and I'd have been damn depressed to be bored to tears by it.

Anyhow, yeah it is quite possibly the best film ever made. It's not my favourite, I may never watch it again, but for its time (hell even if you include the next 20 -30 years of cinema) it was lightyears ahead of what anybody was making. It feels like you are experiencing cinematic perfection as you watch it and Bogart, Bergman and co just never put a foot wrong.

And to enjoy a film that much when you already know the final scene word for word... that's pretty astounding.

• Like 3