29 members have voted

1. 1. Casablanca

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

If I had to name a single Favorite Movie of All Time, first I would argue for the opportunity to list my Top 5 - and then if that request was adamantly denied, I would list "Casablanca" as my Number 1.It was a film I had always heard of but had never seen. Then when I finally watched it, I was astounded at the number of quotes that came from this film. "Here's lookin' at you, kid." "Louie, I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship." "Round up the usual suspects." The list goes on and on. Rick is the quintessential "man that men want to be and women want to be with." He is the ultimate COOL. During the beginning of the film, we see how nothing bothers him. Win money, lose money, have people's friendship or don't, whatever. Then when Ilsa returns to his life, we see how he is torn down to his very foundation. And it makes him such a real person, and not a flimsy character in some old black-and-white movie.If you are cognizant of when the film was made, there are several moments of "racy" humor to be appreciated. Probably considered borderline blue in its time.If you've never seen this film, turn off the computer and go find it.A+

• Like 4

A+++++++++++++++++The biggest movie icon ever in his best role. The movie takes a different dimension considering the time it was filmed (when the allies were actually losing the war ) . The ending is beyond perfect and trully symbolizes duty over passion , a different ending would make the movie feel "cheaper" . Add to that a cast to die for , with superb actors in just about every role , and you have the best romance drama of all time by a landslide, nothing even comes close . Perhaps the most legendary film ever .

In my humble opinion, IT IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER

I always switch between Casablanca and Godfather Part 2 as my favourite film ever (although The Big Lebowski gets a mention when I'm stoned). But in the end Casablanca is just more fun, so comes out on top.

I always switch between Casablanca and Godfather Part 2 as my favourite film ever (although The Big Lebowski gets a mention when I'm stoned). But in the end Casablanca is just more fun, so comes out on top.

Very similar to me. My top 2 is Casablanca and Godfather I. Godfather II is 4th. I love both Godfather but Casablanca is THE MOVIE