Films

Wicked: Part 1 | November 22, 2024 | Jon M Chu to direct | Ariana Grande is Galinda. Cynthia Erivo is Elphaba

13 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I told you some of you had been underestimating the target audience of this film.

After , the target is the same as Barbie and you know the story about this movie. My only issue before is the timing of marketing , he begins very early ( the first teaser in February and Teaser in May) , the risk is to be saturated at the moment of presales and it's not the case which is really good. I think the marketing for the 6 weeks will be crucial , at level of clothes for Ari/Cynthia , maybe make a world tour press like Barbie ( i know we have the premier on 9th November but maybe a another premier on London , the rest of Europe + Mexique), made a lot partnership for Products , and maybe make a little crazy Internet ( like the Barbie House in California).

Just now, Grand Cine said:

After , the target is the same as Barbie and you know the story about this movie. My only issue before is the timing of marketing , he begins very early ( the first teaser in February and Teaser in May) , the risk is to be saturated at the moment of presales and it's not the case which is really good. I think the marketing for the 6 weeks will be crucial , at level of clothes for Ari/Cynthia , maybe make a world tour press like Barbie ( i know we have the premier on 9th November but maybe a another premier on London , the rest of Europe + Mexique), made a lot partnership for Products , and maybe make a little crazy Internet ( like the Barbie House in California).

Replicating Barbie’s marketing campaign makes no sense for this, especially when a lot of marketing for that was fueled by audiences marketing Barbenheimer (which hasn’t been happening here)

19 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Replicating Barbie’s marketing campaign makes no sense for this, especially when a lot of marketing for that was fueled by audiences marketing Barbenheimer (which hasn’t been happening here)

The marketing for this will be huge. They are also doing a whole tv special on NBC the week that the movie is being released 

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/204154/nbc-to-celebrate-wicked-film-release-with-behind-the-scenes-special-defying-gravity-the-curtain-rises/

Edited by joselowe

They've already been on a bit of a Barbie-esque marketing blitz for this ever since the marketing started during the Super Bowl. Cynthia and Ariana have been appearing together wearing green and pink dresses that match the themes for their characters (including when they presented together at the Oscars). They're going out of their way to make this an Event as much as possible, which also seems like a major sign of confidence in the movie itself.

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They've already been on a bit of a Barbie-esque marketing blitz for this ever since the marketing started during the Super Bowl. Cynthia and Ariana have been appearing together wearing green and pink dresses that match the themes for their characters (including when they presented together at the Oscars). They're going out of their way to make this an Event as much as possible, which also seems like a major sign of confidence in the movie itself.

Also Uni and Paramount are confident about their movie because the premiere are Nov 9th for Wicked and Nov 13th for Gladiator 2 , 12 and 8 days before the previews so if , at least, social embargo is out at this time , i think studios are confident ( also to boost the movies for final week).

50 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Not quite. Barbenheimer was big, but the marketing campaign for Barbie mainly was mainly focused on the Barbie aspects (like Margot Robbie using Barbie dresses).