CaptainJackSparrow

After There and Back Again....

Beyond the problems with rights, that right now is the biggest problem, I see extremely hard to make one/several movies about Silmarillion. I see more feasible a remake of LOTR in maybe 20-30 years. I would not like it. I love how PJ did it, but I think it would be the next thing of Middle Earth we will see.

I think that PJ is done in Middle-earth. From interviews, it seems that he's desiring to make some 'NZ films', going back to his roots starting out as a filmmaker. Not saying this with certainty, of course, but it's the impression I've gotten.

In general, I think rights to the Silmarillion will remain with the TE for at least 25 years. Until the younger Tolkiens--who are much more friendly to PJ--come into control of the estate, the Silmarillion won't happen.

I think a straight remake of The Hobbit, or of LOTR, is more likely within the next 25-30 years if I had to pick something. Honestly, I think it's going to be sometime before we see another film set in Middle-earth.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind someone redoing the LOTR with Peter Jackson being told to go away and leave it alone. "No thanks Pete, you screwed up the LOTR enough the first time.".

Don't get me started on the dozens of holes in the script of the LOTR. Great music and scenery. Horrible writing and direction.