Olive

Tuesday Numbers - WOWS 1.95M, Frozen 1.9M(300M!), DOS 1.57M,

You mean march on Westeros? It hasn't happened yet in the books. Her story gets pretty boring from here out.

:mellow:

She made some big progress at the end of the fifth book though so if she doesn't make it to Westeros sometime in the sixth I'll be shocked.

Urrrgh. I have been done with that character since the start of the second season. Whatever.

When are the next books coming out? The dude is going to die before releasing them. Fuck this.

It's a mystery. I just finished them last month but people seem to think he will release it by the end of 2014 at the earliest, with the late range being... never? The last book two books took 5 years and 6 years respectively, and #5 only came out in 2011 so at that pace it could theoretically stretch out to 2016 or later :lol:

It's a mystery. I just finished them last month but people seem to think he will release it by the end of 2014 at the earliest, with the late range being... never? The last book two books took 5 years and 6 years respectively, and #5 only came out in 2011 so at that pace it could theoretically stretch out to 2016 or later :lol:

That is insane.

Really? I thought Season 3 was pretty great. This especially.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU2bIzsJ8LE

But her story is moving too slowly. We want to see the dragons breaking shit and taking over Westeros. Fuck the North and the Lannister.

Also, when will the ice zombies take over Westeros? I am sitting here waiting for those big events while the show goes nowhere and keeps saying to me that Winter is Coming.

Those books movie the story way too slowly. 

Honestly, they should change her story up some in the show. Ya can't be total slaves to the source material.

Yeah it's weird. On the one hand it's realistic because alot can happen "on the road" and many times in shows characters tend to get from point A to point B during a cutscene but ASOIAF notes every painstaking detail. I was watching The Tudors and they just show people riding a horse for a few seconds and all of a sudden they've gone from London to somewhere in France, and GOT is the complete opposite.

I'm kickstarting a movie. Michelle Monaghan in the gender swapping Florence of Arabia. Help me make this happen.

:angry:

The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Shows how badass premium and cable television is now, that they can attract huge stars like that to star in an entire season.

One of the things that attracted both McConaghey and Harrelson was that each season is about different characters, so they basically only have to commit to one season.

When are the next books coming out? The dude is going to die before releasing them. Fuck this.

Book six is probably 2015. It takes him about 3 years to to write a book. (~1500 manuscript pages and he does about 500 a year). After he finished DwD he took the rest of 2011 off and started working on the next in early 2012. So by the three year reckoning, he should probably finish up around the end of this year. Give it a bit of time for Tor to get through all the production and you'll see it sometime next year.

Assuming he keeps the same pace and he can finish the story in seven books (which isn't certain) he could then get the final book out in 2018/19. He'll be 70 or 71, then.

As far as the time taken, the story is incredibly complex. He writes at the speed he can while still maintaining the quality of writing that he'd like. If he works faster, the story is very likely to suffer.

Also: http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2009/05/entitlement-issues.html

Edited by DamienRoc