Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

Cool to see Bale nominated just so we can see this again

Posted Image

And this

Posted Image

Some of this

Posted Image

Maybe even this

Posted Image

But it shouldn't have come at the expense of Tom Hanks or Joaquin Phoenix. Bale did a great job, but ultimately, I would have understood him getting left out in a 6th or 7th slot.

Christian Bale is an asshole, after hearing him shouting at that guy on set, ive never liked him. If he spoke to me like that I would have punched him in the face.

Christian Bale is an asshole, after hearing him shouting at that guy on set, ive never liked him. If he spoke to me like that I would have punched him in the face.

Well, I wouldn't fight a guy who secretly beats up thugs at night, but...

Bale is an enigma. For as much as we hear about him being an asshole of sorts, he's also done many many charitable acts and great things that make Bale a tough shell to crack. Maybe he has a nasty temper, but ultimately is a nice person. Maybe he's calmed down since then (2008 was not a happy year for him...), maybe we just don't have the full context of what happened. Yeah, he chewed out a guy on set, but at least he didn't near beat a guy to death like Mark Wahlberg.

• Like 7

ACT OF KILLING deserves the win. Which means it won't.

Well, you know where my interest lies.  So Blackfish not being nominated is a bit of a pisser for me.

• Like 1

Well, I wouldn't fight a guy who secretly beats up thugs at night, but...

Bale is an enigma. For as much as we hear about him being an asshole of sorts, he's also done many many charitable acts and great things that make Bale a tough shell to crack. Maybe he has a nasty temper, but ultimately is a nice person. Maybe he's calmed down since then (2008 was not a happy year for him...), maybe we just don't have the full context of what happened. Yeah, he chewed out a guy on set, but at least he didn't near beat a guy to death like Mark Wahlberg.

Doing something for charity gives the impression of being a nice guy, it doesn't make you a nice guy. he's still an asshole from what ive seen.

AH is like this big glittering jewel that looks gorgeous and impressive initially, but then you look closer and you realize the metal isn't gold, but gold-plated (and it's chipped in a few places), and the big-ass chunk of diamond is actually cubic zirconium.

:lol: This is genius. And it isn't even gold-plated. More like pyrite. 

• Like 2