Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

Ugh I'm sooo pissed off right now. No Tom Hanks, no Emma Thompson, no Joaquin Phoenix, no Monsters University, no Rush AT ALL. Especially Tom Hanks because I honestly think he's amazing in Captain Phillips, one of the best performances last year. I was even kinda rooting for him to win his 3rd Oscar, but he's not even nominated <_<.

Happy about Gravity and Sally Hawkins though. Just watched Blue Jasmine, and I thought Hawkins and Blanchett were great in it. Wanted Sandra Bullock to win, but now I'm rooting for Blanchett too. Still want Gravity to win BP, although I'll be fine if 12YAS wins. Also, Let It Go better wins Best Song. Still disappointed with that GG result.

• Like 1

I think quality wise, this is one of the best years for film in a very long time, imo.  If you (sorry, shameless plus for a thread that me and Gopher worked a long time on) look at Gopher's top 20  http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/13461-count-down-100-movies-from-2013-gopherbaumers-list-baumers-pg-3/ or even mine, you will see a lot of really good films.  You can't nominate all of them, so some get left out.  Shame, but what can you do.

• Like 4