Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

Here is the actual quote for The Butler from Deadline's "Oscar snubs" article

Maybe the last film to be produced by Laura Ziskin was too epic, maybe it was too black or maybe the dust-up the Weinstein Company had with Warner Bros and the MPAA over the initial The Butler title rubbed some people the wrong way but the powerful pic deserved better.

Someone wrote that down in all seriousness.

Edited by grim22

A few notes on the noms:

Couldn't be happier at the WOWS love and Leo nom, the Academy finally starting to recognize him more often. Now if only he could win. :unsure:

Pleased the Academy didn't take the All is Lost bait and more or less snubbed it. Such a boring, pointless film that was just pandering for awards with its whole premise.

I honestly had a feeling AH could repeat SLP's 4 acting noms feat from last year, but I just didn't think Adams would be responsible for the most undeserved snub (Thompson). :( Moral of the story: if you want an acting nom today be in an 'O Russell film.

Also glad Captain Phillips got shut out of director and actor. Alexander Payne and Leo/Bale were far better choices over Greengrass and Hanks.

So thrilled Philomena got into BP, one of my top 10 films of the year and I don't think it had been getting enough attention.

Glad 12YAS didn't grab a nom in practically every category like some people predicted. Gravity and AH ahead of it in noms makes it even less certain of a frontrunner.

Finally, can the Academy please just nominate 10 movies, or else go back to 5? This 9 every year is kind of annoying. Such an odd number.

Edited by MovieMan89

10 noms for Gravity ? God, suddenly I have no faith in humanity. 3D tricks fooled ya all ? Pathetic world, pathetic sheeps.

I have to agree with firedeep today. Gravity doesn't deserve so many noms.