Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

LOL, is Blank having a meltdown? :lol:

lolnope. I just have this thing where I read through a whole thread and respond to each page with a post :lol:

Blank-people who were not into vg's didn't like it as much. (Actually the most nostalgic for older voters would of been Frankenweenie :P)

Plus Brave was just more PC anyway :P

Brave was still awful so there :P

No, he wasn't using a different accent in each scene like Jennifer Lawrence did.  It was amateurish.

It was just down right awful and cringeworthy. Especially the first scene she's in. I mean seriously? I actually had to close my eyes. That was how bad it got. 

Don't get me wrong; Lawrence wasn't good in Hustle at all, but neither was Cooper. At least I got some laughs out of Lawrence though; Cooper was just fucking annoying

Oh please. Your Pagan pales in comparison with true greatness. 

Great EVIL, EVIL, EVILLLLLL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ucZsJQxbQ

Thompson is a goddess; Meryl is a monster

Suggestions for what the forum Oscars should be called:

the Boffys

the Fassys

the Loonies

the Zacks (Shawn... avatar.... etc etc)

I already went with the BOFfies in a previous post lol

Yeah, but it's animated. They never nominate anything genuinely good from the mainstream. I mean the only really good film nominated this year in that category is Ernest and Celestine. DM2 and Frozen are tolerable. I didn't really like Miyaziki. And Croods, well yeah.... It's still better than a lot of the shit that's been nommed there and some of their winners. They should honestly get rid of this category along with song. 

You thought DM2 was okay? :sick:

I'd like to think I had that much AMPAS influence. ;) (Or maybe I did get Thompson snubbed cus I secretly hate her :ph34r: )

WELL I SECRETLY HATE YOU SO THERE *hugs Emma Thompson golden idol*

There have been 10 people to be double nommed. So while it doesn't often happen, it has happened.

Jamie Foxx was double nommed for Ray and Collateral, and won for Ray. Cate Blanchett was the recent person to be nominated twice for the Golden Age and I'm Not There in 2008. 

Either way it's a fucking shame Hanks was snubbed.

Actually 11, I believe is the right figure. But still out of the 1630 acting nominations the Academy has given out, a total of 22 have been double noms. Most people benefit from being the frontrunner/undeniable in one category or a very weak year. And tom had neither. I don't think it really was ever going to happen. 1 nom, yes. 2 noms, absolutely not. The vote splitting would've killed that shot. 

lolnope. I just have this thing where I read through a whole thread and respond to each page with a post :lol:

Don't get me wrong; Lawrence wasn't good in Hustle at all, but neither was Cooper. At least I got some laughs out of Lawrence though; Cooper was just fucking annoying

I thought Cooper was okay-ish. At least tolerable. I couldn't watch about half of Lawrence's scenes because they were so cringeworthy. 

DM2 was tolerable. Not okay. Tolerable. Most of the time, I go to sleep when I get dragged to see an animation or walk out halfway through. I like the minions a lot okay? 

Love you too blank. :P

• Like 1

Suggestions for what the forum Oscars should be called:

the Boffys

the Fassys

the Loonies

the Zacks (Shawn... avatar.... etc etc)

Yeah, but it's animated. They never nominate anything genuinely good from the mainstream. I mean the only really good film nominated this year in that category is Ernest and Celestine. DM2 and Frozen are tolerable. I didn't really like Miyaziki. And Croods, well yeah.... It's still better than a lot of the shit that's been nommed there and some of their winners. They should honestly get rid of this category along with song. 

I'd like to think I had that much AMPAS influence. ;) (Or maybe I did get Thompson snubbed cus I secretly hate her :ph34r: )

I thought Cooper was okay-ish. At least tolerable. I couldn't watch about half of Lawrence's scenes because they were so cringeworthy. 

Cooper pissed me off so much in the movie just because for some inexplicable reason, DOR thought it'd be a good idea to make him the third lead over Renner's much more interesting character <_<

DM2 was tolerable. Not okay. Tolerable. Most of the time, I go to sleep when I get dragged to see an animation or walk out halfway through. I like the minions a lot okay? 

Love you too blank.  :P

I wish I could've fallen asleep at DM2  -_-

Sure you do...  :ph34r:

On a serious note I could see Adams winning since she is the only one of the 5 who has yet to win.

Nah. She's going hard for Peter O'Toole status. 

And serious, Blanshitto has this locked up better than Fort Knox. 

Actually 11, I believe is the right figure. But still out of the 1630 acting nominations the Academy has given out, a total of 22 have been double noms. Most people benefit from being the frontrunner/undeniable in one category or a very weak year. And tom had neither. I don't think it really was ever going to happen. 1 nom, yes. 2 noms, absolutely not. The vote splitting would've killed that shot. 

Never say never :D.

Actually think that Leo has a real shot at winning.  You could easily have the best actor nominees from Dallas and 12 yrs splitting the PC "Oscar bait" performances and Leo walks right in to the Academy Award.  

The more I think about it, the more I believe Joaquin Phoenix gave the best performance of the year.  And Scarlett Johansson should have won for Supporting Actress.  And I'm not a fan of hers at all.

Wonder if Emma Thompson hurt herself with that sloshed performance at the Golden Globes?

I just tweeted much the same. She deserved a nom at the very least.