ecstasy

WKD 3 Day Est. RA 41.2m, LS 23.2m, NJ 20.5, JR 17.2, FRZ 11.9

I feel fairly certain CT has set it up so the Tolkien Estate won't sell anytime soon (if ever). It's not like once he dies, it'll be a free-for-all.

Even if he hadn't, it seems mighty unlikely that the family would immediately change their minds. He's not the only one annoyed by the films.

Even if he hadn't, it seems mighty unlikely that the family would immediately change their minds. He's not the only one annoyed by the films.

Yes. Dreaming of SILMARILLION movies is basically a fun pipe dream, nothing more. Ironically, they'd probably be best suited for PJ's slash-n-burn-n-improvise approach in TH, since it's a bunch of various stories only loosely interconnected, with tons of detail needing to fit in. It's perfect for a half-dozen standalone spinoffs.

• Like 1

Yes. Dreaming of SILMARILLION movies is basically a fun pipe dream, nothing more. Ironically, they'd probably be best suited for PJ's slash-n-burn-n-improvise approach in TH, since it's a bunch of various stories only loosely interconnected, with tons of detail needing to fit in. It's perfect for a half-dozen standalone spinoffs.

I rather like Aaron Diaz' dream project idea: http://silmarillionproject.tumblr.com/

I feel fairly certain CT has set it up so the Tolkien Estate won't sell anytime soon (if ever). It's not like once he dies, it'll be a free-for-all.

Bah! Based off what I read Christopher Tolkien isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world.

Edited by Fancyarcher