Shawn Robbins

Weekend numbers Feb 14-16

There's no question IM3 made a ton of money, especially overseas. But CF's run is more impressive (for me).

Especially since it's in 2D. We might never see a 2D film win a year again.

Edited by kayumanggi

Well to be fair not those exact words. 

But here's this. Did Fast 6 destroy STID at the box office?

Did Skyfall destroy The Hobbit? 

Would people even say those things?

People use flop and destroy so randomly these days. lol

• Like 1

There's no question IM3 made a ton of money, especially overseas. But CF's run is more impressive (for me).

The domestic numbers are more impressive to me. But no way am I turning my nose up at 1.2b ww either.

• Like 1

Well to be fair not those exact words. 

But here's this. Did Fast 6 destroy STID at the box office?

Did Skyfall destroy The Hobbit? 

Would people even say those things?

Worldwide FAST 6 did destroy STID. No question.

SKYFALL made barely 1m more than TH1 domestically. I think that's a bit different than CF v IM3, but I agree that SKYFALL's run was more impressive than TH1's as well.

Worldwide FAST 6 did destroy STID. No question.

SKYFALL made barely 1m more than TH1 domestically. I think that's a bit different than CF v IM3, but I agree that SKYFALL's run was more impressive than TH1's as well.

Okay but you're changing the parameters here.  Nobody is arguing that it didn't ww. Do people throw that term around for those movies for the domestic box office like they do for CF and IM3? The answer is no. 

March could be a downer though. We'll see.

300, Need for Speed, Mr Peabody & Sherman and Divergent are huge wild cards. I think the safest bet is Noah.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Take off the 3D surcharges and IM3 didn't gross much more than CF globally, if more at all.

If you take off the 3D surcharge, it would still be over 900M WW, probably about 1 billion, so there is still a huge difference.I don't see the relevance in this anyway. IM3 is a comic book movie which are a proven draw in Hollywood, THG is a completely different genre and the highest grossing film of its kind we've had so yeah, IM3 did sell more tickets no matter how you spin it but in no way does that make CF's and less impressive. Edited by Jessie

LOL Whatever.  At least the IM3 vs CF seems a pretty mild debate as the typical fanwars.  I find IM3's BO run very impressive behind Frozen, Gravity, and CF.  Nothing wrong with 1.2BWW

Frozen is the most impressive now for me. I wasn't even paying attention to the overseas numbers. Had no idea it was creeping up on 1b ww. I don't even know if DM2 passed a billion. Now I have to go check on mojo.

• Like 1