JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Up goes the cheap tickets..

I have a funny story about the Telstra tickets. I think they must have thought the TASM2 was going to be huge so it wasn't available on opening weekend but I didn't notice. I went through the whole process and only noticed when I got my email that I'd bought a ticket for a Tuesday rather then Sunday. I went to the theatre anyway and they were very helpful. She swapped the session over to the one I wanted. Then I noticed later that week that instead of just getting movie points for the Sunday session I also got points for the session on Tuesday. Double bonus time.

DOFP's hold is comparable to The wolverine which followed that drop with a disastrous 55% in it's third weekend... It meant the wolverine wound up just short of 16m.  Only First Class has bettered DOFP's drop.  But of course this was at a much lower gross.  DOFP has already passed the first film and First Class in 2 weeks and should be close to being the biggest X-Men film here by the end of the long weekend next weekend.   There is no reason to believe that DOFP will dip > 50%  on it's third weekend.  The question is how high can DOFP can go... 25m seems to be easy stroll from here given the before mentioned long weekend and upcomgin school holidays.  Is 30m possible ?  I doubt it, but anything is possible with good WOM.

• Like 3

I should really see X-Men - I've heard practically nothing bad!

i'm in the same boat as you mate :) ... 

everyone who i know who's seen it loved it !

just finding time in a busy schedule to go and see it :( isn't very easy at the moment.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think cinemas have finally caught on to the fact that 3D, for the most part, is just not the mark up it was 4 years ago.I've seen less and less sessions lately and I just saw my local post TF4 sessions: 10 2D - 2 3D.

You are correct.  There are far less 3D sessions.  I mentioned it earlier in the thread that TASM2 had only 1 out of 8 session per day at George St in 3D on its 2nd or 3rd weekend.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think cinemas have finally caught on to the fact that 3D, for the most part, is just not the mark up it was 4 years ago.I've seen less and less sessions lately and I just saw my local post TF4 sessions: 10 2D - 2 3D.

Yep for the last couple years 3D BO has only been about 15% of total, so far this year its around 10%. Animated titles do nothing in 3d these days compared to back in 2010 (DM 60%, MM 50%, DM2 11%, FRZ only 8%)

• Like 3

Yep for the last couple years 3D BO has only been about 15% of total, so far this year its around 10%. Animated titles do nothing in 3d these days compared to back in 2010 (DM 60%, MM 50%, DM2 11%, FRZ only 8%)

We have almost the opposite case here in India. 3D shows account for 70% of shows in multiplexes, and 80% of gross.
  • Like 1