JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

how big will TDKR open? it's on for 24 hours the first day at George Street. I say 14 million

TDK had a $14m 5-day, and I can't stress enough how much of a help Ledgers death would have been here, in propelling its OW.I'm going 12.7m 4-day.

ummmm just caught Ted tonight... possibly one of the best comedy's i've ever seen :) i'm still laughing.... what really set me off was that very special song :) the trailers do not do it justice!

I wonder what it must be like to have tentpole movies coming out....during winter. Summer movies is a quintessential experience for many northerners. I can't imagine Transformers for instance coming out in January.Does Australian release it's own "summer" blockbuster movies?

I wonder what it must be like to have tentpole movies coming out....during winter. Summer movies is a quintessential experience for many northerners. I can't imagine Transformers for instance coming out in January.Does Australian release it's own "summer" blockbuster movies?

Avatar was released during a blizzard in New York, we had it during summer, would've been in the high 20's in Sydney :PBut our winters are pretty mild. I had alway wondered what it'd be like to go to the movies when it's snowing, it just seems so bizarre. But having been to Europe in the winter, it's not that big a deal.And no, we don't really release our own "summer" movies. Red Dog was the highest grossing Australian film and that was released around August and benefited from the term 3 (Spring) holidays in late September/early October. Edited by lab276

Avatar was released during a blizzard in New York, we had it during summer, would've been in the high 20's in Sydney :PBut our winters are pretty mild. I had alway wondered what it'd be like to go to the movies when it's snowing, it just seems so bizarre. But having been to Europe in the winter, it's not that big a deal.And no, we don't really release our own "summer" movies. Red Dog was the highest grossing Australian film and that was released around August and benefited from the term 3 (Spring) holidays in late September/early October.

Where have you been? What temperature did you have to endure?My personal extremes +47°C Greece in July and -31°C Austria in January

I'm pretty sure it got to -10C where I was at the worst. The coldest I felt during the trip was actually in Vienna, it wouldn't have been less than -5C I'd say, but the wind was incredibly strong and the snow was very hard.My point about Europe is that inside it's normal, you just have to take an extra coat or jacket when you wouldn't have to do that in Australia.

Next saturday is going to be worse though.. And the hottest I've had is around 48C here in melbourne, and about -10C :P

Tell me about it - my work has actually sold tickets in advance, even for midnights!!That's usually only the case with Potter and Twilight!

Just as a point of reference, and basically just because I can and I'm bored, here is what the midnight sales of TDKR are, and how they compare to past midnight openers at my work.To avoid revealing figures of ticket sales, the ranks will be a percentage of the highest selling film (hopefully it makes sense)1. New Moon - 100%2. Eclipse - 74.78% of the tickets of New Moon3. Breaking Dawn 1 - 62.61%4. Deathly Hallows 2 - 60.53% (40% 3D : 60% 2D)5. The Avengers - 51.34% (53% 3D : 47% 2D)6. DH1 - 30.56%7. TDKR - currently at 8.31% of New Moons midnights 8. TASM - 7.42% (100% 3D)So, Batman is tracking well, and should be able to beat Breaking Dawn 1.Will update with final results.