JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Australian cinemas raked in $A1.125 billion ($1.188 billion) in 2012, up 2.8% on the previous year but a fraction below the industry 2010 record of $1.128 billion, the year of Avatar, according to the Motion Picture Distributors Association of Australia. The Aussie films’ B.O. share was 4.3%, slightly above the 10-year average of 3.8%. The MPDAA’s stats do not quantify ticket sales but Deadline estimates the admissions total was 85.8 million in 2012, based on an average ticket price of $13.10, compared with 85 million in 2011 and 92 million in 2010. The transition from 35mm film projection to digital continued apace an estimated 72% of the country’s 1,995 screens are now digital, including all major circuits; of those, 57% are 3D capable. The year’s top-grosser was The Avengers with $53.2 million; the best result for an Aussie film was The Sapphires with $14.4 million.

Global Showbiz Briefs: Aussie Box Office, Russell Crowe, Palace Cinemas, British Film Institute & More

I love a sunburnt country,A land of sweeping plains,Of ragged mountain ranges,Of droughts and flooding rains.I love her far horizons,I love her jewel-sea,Her beauty and her terror -The wide brown land for me!Dorothea Mackellar

• Like 1

A week ago it was severe heat and fires. Now we have flooding rains. Gotta love this country. Lol :)

I wonder if this rain will make the box office here in south east qld....  Officials are telling us all to stay home at the moment here 

been torrential rain for the past 6 hours and at least 6 tornadoes hit various locations between gladstone and brisbane over the past 24 hours...

EDIT - the worst i think would be around an F2 at the moment (news here haven't talked about ratings here but the damage appears to align with that kind of rating and the wind speads were mentioned to be around 200km/hr)

Edited by Jajang

I wonder if this rain will make the box office here in south east qld....  Officials are telling us all to stay home at the moment here been torrential rain for the past 6 hours and at least 6 tornadoes hit various locations between gladstone and brisbane over the past 24 hours... EDIT - the worst i think would be around an F2 at the moment (news here haven't talked about ratings here but the damage appears to align with that kind of rating and the wind speads were mentioned to be around 200km/hr)

No parts of the country can catch a break!Whether its extreme heat, bush fires, flooding or Tornadoes, nobody is having good weather at the moment.

off topic :

yah... and now much of queensland coastal areas are facing flooding at similar levels as 2011 - some are less, some are more...... what a crazy couple of days... the rainfall rates were insane as was sitting at home watching it unfold.....

this one ex-cyclone from the gulf has dumped between 600mm and 1.2m of rain pretty all the way from cairns to the border and now beyond (appears it will go all the way to sydney... good luck down there if any of you guys are from down there..)

just insanity...

ok back on topic now....

wow @ 4.2m USD for django..... very impressive.