JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

We need to remember that IM3 is having The Avengers effect, but it can also thank 3D for its boost. Thor already had 3D, so it's 'Avengers effect' won't be as big - I speak of its boost as a lock as, given IM3, it'd just be naive not to.

Yep. Agreed. I don't see other films coming near 40m. (I'm sure there are few more contenders for the 30m mark. )Unless we get a breakout ala sky fall and even Ted to a point the next 40m film should come from one of those 3 films. Most likely the hobbit 2 will be it but time will tell.

Without knowing book and DVD sales for THG, it's really hard to say if the audience has expanded. I imagine it would've increased but by how much?If it really breaks out (Twilight to New Moon), then all hell will break loose... Imagine $62m :SFor now, I'm going to go $14m OW / $37m TOTAL

• Like 1

be awesome if catching fire literally did Catch Fire :P  (PS I've read the books and catching fire is my fav of the 3...... so i might be a little biased )...

so the realist in me points to a very similar figure to yours robert....

OW = 15m

Total = 38m 

ok now the crazy fan in me that wants this to smash records.....

(unrealistic to a point :P )

OD = 7.1m (yeah i don't see this happening given no holidays but then new moon did 5m a few years back in november... so ??)

OW = 20m

STUPIDLY CRAZY NUMBERS...

Total = 65m :P:D

(PS my first prediction is my real prediction ;) )

We know a $7m OD is possible, but I don't think the demand is there in this case.I really want to go all out, but I just have this feeling that the Twilight franchise grew a lot more between 1 & 2, and that THG was already bigger.I guess we'll just have to wait until November.

Have updated the 3rd post with latest information:

All Time USD

- This chart is a little silly at the moment thanks to our crazy exchange rate.... 

~ While Avatar, Avengers and HP8 look fine, having The Hobbit sitting pretty in 6th is just funny :P ~ it's nearly double what Fellowship made in USD ;)

All Time Admissions

- only 2 2012 films made the top 30 as far as I can tell - Skyfall & The Avengers.  Skyfall is ahead of TA due to the 3D ticket prices.

We know a $7m OD is possible, but I don't think the demand is there in this case.I really want to go all out, but I just have this feeling that the Twilight franchise grew a lot more between 1 & 2, and that THG was already bigger.I guess we'll just have to wait until November.

I agree hence why i'm holding back also, but something to think about.... we made 30m in Australia, while in the US it made 400m which should have been equivalent of 40m... with the style of film it was that surprised me indicating this has a little leeway to grow than u may think... 

phew - big effort - first 4 posts all updated now.

FYI 

Iron Man 3 was the 4th all time widest release.  7th biggest all time opening weekend. (was a long way down the list for opening day)

5 days til The Avengers is released!!I'm hoping for $30m, but think it'll drop off around $26-$28m.

Casually doing some reading, and stumbled upon this.I think I made a fairly accurate prediction.... for its first 9-10 days. Edited by Robertron of Oz
  • Like 2