JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

For reference, IM2 made 16.8m after its second weekend.

IM3 is going to annihilate IM2.There is no '3D boost' happening here. This is thanks to an excellent marketing campaign and The Avengers. There is absolutely no denying The Avengers has taken all these films to a whole other stratosphere.
  • Like 1

just in brief

1st 4 days wed-sat IM3 about 14.5-6, TA was 15.5, IM3 wkend should be at least 14.3

Just crazy... After IM2 opened just under 10m, no one could have picked this. This is now up with the big boys... The Avengers are a game changer for these films... the question now is:  what effect will this have on Thor or even Captain America (if any)

In summary we are looking at:

OD = 3.4m

Thurs - Sat = 11.1-2m

Sun (projected = 3.2m+

OW = 14.3m+ and 17.7m+ running total

For comparison:

The Avengers last year managed a 6m OD and 13m OW after it for a 19m running total.  This opening by IM3 is barely behind TA.  just amazing... Don't see it pulling the holds that TA did however even with good WOM... however I think 40m is near enough to locked from here ... possibly giving the hobbit 1 a run for it's money... (~43m ?)

Just crazy... After IM2 opened just under 10m, no one could have picked this. This is now up with the big boys... The Avengers are a game changer for these films... the question now is:  what effect will this have on Thor or even Captain America (if any) In summary we are looking at: OD = 3.4mThurs - Sat = 11.1-2mSun (projected = 3.2m+ OW = 14.3m+ and 17.7m+ running total For comparison: The Avengers last year managed a 6m OD and 13m OW after it for a 19m running total.  This opening by IM3 is barely behind TA.  just amazing... Don't see it pulling the holds that TA did however even with good WOM... however I think 40m is near enough to locked from here ... possibly giving the hobbit 1 a run for it's money... (~43m ?)

I'm willing to lock $35m at this stage.Anything above and it's just 100% pure, sugar overload icing on this sweet mofo of a cake.

Just crazy... After IM2 opened just under 10m, no one could have picked this. This is now up with the big boys... The Avengers are a game changer for these films... the question now is:  what effect will this have on Thor or even Captain America (if any)

In summary we are looking at:

OD = 3.4m

Thurs - Sat = 11.1-2m

Sun (projected = 3.2m+

OW = 14.3m+ and 17.7m+ running total

For comparison:

The Avengers last year managed a 6m OD and 13m OW after it for a 19m running total.  This opening by IM3 is barely behind TA.  just amazing... Don't see it pulling the holds that TA did however even with good WOM... however I think 40m is near enough to locked from here ... possibly giving the hobbit 1 a run for it's money... (~43m ?)

Thats not true.

alot of us knew that in most countries it would match TA within 10-15%

Not really. Not developed countries like Australia and much of Europe.

Look at the facts. Im not here to steal glory or anything.

Just saying that NO ONE COULD HAVE PICKED THIS is a false statement

The fact it's nearly matching The Avenger's, which was a phenomenon, and Iron Man 2 was FAR from that, is quite special. Everyone was expecting big numbers from IM3, but this big is surprising.

It is surprising.. To most people..

Look at the UK thread. I predicted up to 14,5 mill£ this weekend.

You refused to think that it would go past 11 ish

But i´ll stop it here. Its starting to look like i want glory and padding on the back. I don´t..

Just saying that a few here are not THAT surprised

It is surprising.. To most people..

Look at the UK thread. I predicted up to 14,5 mill£ this weekend.

You refused to think that it would go past 11 ish

But i´ll stop it here. Its starting to look like i want glory and padding on the back. I don´t..

Just saying that a few here are not THAT surprised

I pat you on the back.

So putting that into perspective, that's about 145 mill 5 day if it was in the US market.  That's fantastic.

14.5 is just the 4 day though (W-Sa), 5 day'll be even bigger

• Like 2

So putting that into perspective, that's about 145 mill 5 day if it was in the US market.  That's fantastic.

That's the first 4 days. And remember that's on the 10:1 which doesn't really apply to Superhero movies. Always perform relatively better in NA.

That's the first 4 days. And remember that's on the 10:1 which doesn't really apply to Superhero movies. Always perform relatively better in NA.

Lets not scare everyone too much...... given we are heading for around 18m 5 day (essentially the opening weekend)  if you factor in the better performance in the US of comic book films... that could point to an opening around 190m to 200m... which i highly doubt but that is the size of this opening here... it is just massive!

For example avengers made 19m 5 day and well we all know how the US opening went 1 week later..............