JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Rth

How well did the original Star Trek movies do relative to the rest of the market at that time?  What did they rank for the year?

I remember that TNG was on prime time television here but that DS9, Voyager and Enterprise were mostly on at 10:30-11:00.  I remember I watched some of them on video from the video store because their television broadcast was erratic.  

the last ST Intl it was something like 3rd biggest intl territory and about 10% of bus. In aus ranked #17 for year (BO in 09)

Original ST (79) did around 3.8m it was top 10 for the year

ST 2 (82) around 2.2m ,

St 3 only about 1m, ST 4 back up to closer to 3m, St 5 (89) 840k, ST 6 1.8m, St 7 (95,Generations) 4.5m ranked 40th for year,

ST 8 (96) 5.5m ranked 35th(4.8m BO in 96), ST 9 4.9m ranked 58th in 99(opened NYE 98)

St 10 (03) 3.2m ranked 77th for year

then the 09 reboot takes 16m (sure it was only behind UK & Germany)

Edited by Rth
  • Like 3

The funny thing since Star Trek 09. Star voyager has been free to air time at better times than when it originally played. Multiple eps per week Friday and Saturday 730 or 830 at night. Trek continues to struggle with the stigma it got from the Picard series.

Apologies for my fangasms..

Was it better than an orgasm :)...you could go Imax Midnight wed, or teleport to Perth after work and see it 7pm there

Film ups the anty on last , entertaining and logic out the window of cause

• Like 2

Was it better than an orgasm :)...you could go Imax Midnight wed, or teleport to Perth after work and see it 7pm there Film ups the anty on last , entertaining and logic out the window of cause

I'm getting sick and I think I'm going to be at my worst on June 3 ;)Sorry work. Can't come in :P

Was it better than an orgasm :)...you could go Imax Midnight wed, or teleport to Perth after work and see it 7pm there Film ups the anty on last , entertaining and logic out the window of cause

Also, any word if there will be midnights outside of IMAX?

my theatre was empty, the whole front section. only the back section was 100% full.

vmax george st on opening weekend. sat arvo

movie is a solid 9 out of 10. excellent pacing.

Edited by Halba

So 10% increase.Take out 3d, it decreases in admissions?

3D would be about 25% increase. So with a 50% 3D share that would be about a 12.5% increase in BO. Not factoring in inflation. So it's probably about a 0-5% decrease in admissions depending on the 3D share as I'd say it's under 50%.