JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Just saw that TASM2 releases here on 17th. That would probably affect Cap2.

yes that is correct.  TASM2 is here early... frankly CA2 faces some very tough competition here...

next weekend - Divergent

following weekend - TASM 2

though i admit that we are in holiday mode here (2 weeks for vic /qld with NSW offset by 1 week (1 week later)) so the market tends to expand for the bigger films.  frankly with the current weakness in the market prior to the past 2 weekends, i think there may be room for the big films at the moment.

only the top 9 films made > 100k over the weekend. and 20th is down at 29k which very low.  the top 20 is very top heavy at the moment (moreso than normal)

Average of 8m/ week for its first 3 weeks??? Is that possible?Biggest Easter release?

Add NSW and two weekends of Public Holidays and I wouldn't be surprised if the next week and possibly the week after increase from opening week.

I'm guessing...1 Lego2 Divergent3 CA TWS

I think your right. I've only seen an estimate for divergent so far. 3.1m USD. Dissappointing is all I can say. Still I guess it's a little sandwiched between the 2 marvel films and I'd say Lego movie is over performing. Something had to give.

Divergent opened better then CA at my work and about 30% behind THG's Thursday excluding midnights. Obviously holidays was a huge boost for it.

Looks like your location is an outlier given what I mentioned above. Edited by Jajang and Back Again

I wouldn't be surprised if Lego is close to $27m by Sunday of ANZAC weekend.

Wk1 = 9mWk2 (predicted)= 10m??? ;)Wk3- 8m (Easter)Wk4- 5m (Anzac)32m possible in 4wks?