JJ-8

Australian Box Office | ....

Just noticed that the numbers are now posting the Australian Top (well it goes to 53 this week) in USD and AUD now.  (Looks like they have been posting since late last year.)

http://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/weekend/2015/07/24/Australia/AUD

thats the weekend just gone.  Fantastic hold by Ant-Man ~ only a 18% dip from it's opening.  Trainwreck performing strongly in previews too.  And where the hell did that Concert movie come from ?  3rd place on only 99 screens.  

JW nearly past 52m.  I think it can make 53m but 54m looks a bit far off now after another heavy drop again.

Inside Out is continuing to toy with 30m and i think it should pass the mark. (it's just shy of 29m atm)

Minions is at 31.4m and i'd say it will pass 32m but ultimately fall short of 33m at this stage.

Actually was going to mention that while ago, one thing though a lot of cumes are wrong that's because of glitch with the report they get ,always been the case

Wait, what's this about?

The top one about the-numbers chart

Any estimates for MI:5 in aus and NZ ??? 

AUS OD 4th biggest MI films(around 770k)   , #1MI2, #2 MI, #3 MI4, #4 MI5, #5MI3, 

OW MI2 6.4m, MI4 4.1m, MI 3.9m, Mi3 3.8m

NZ of last 3 2nd biggest OD   MI4, MI5, MI3

What total is expected for MI5?

anything 15-20m

• Like 2

AUS OD 4th biggest MI films(around 770k)   , #1MI2, #2 MI, #3 MI4, #4 MI5, #5MI3, 

OW MI2 6.4m, MI4 4.1m, MI 3.9m, Mi3 3.8m

NZ of last 3 2nd biggest OD   MI4, MI5, MI3

anything 15-20m

Reported 405 772,309 cume 907,949

• Like 1

So, with that MI5 Fri number how much can we expect for the weekend?

$4.2m-$4.5m

My guess would be:

$0.8m

$1m

$1.4m

$1.1m

Pretty good weather around Australia, except in Melbourne (which is nothing new), but no big major events this weekend except talk of Goodes and helicopters. 

Edited by Ball Lightning
  • Like 3

$4.2m-$4.5m

My guess would be:

$0.8m

$1m

$1.4m

$1.1m

Pretty good weather around Australia though except in Melbourne (which is nothing new), but no big major events this weekend except talk of Goodes and helicopters. 

Same as GP... but better than MI3

So, with that MI5 Fri number how much can we expect for the weekend?   $4.2m-$4.5m   My guess would be:   $0.8m $1m $1.4m $1.1m   Pretty good weather around Australia, except in Melbourne (which is nothing new), but no big major events this weekend except talk of Goodes and helicopters. 
Oh and some light rumbles from under our feet in SEQ :) 8 since Thursday to be exact.
  • Like 1

MI5 has held up well over the weekend.. i'd say it's heading for 5m+ for the weekend with that saturday. (thinking around 5.2m)

that will be the 2nd biggest opening of the series below MI2's opening of 6.4m back in 2000.

for comparison:

MI opened to 3.9m on it's way to 15m in 1996.

MI2 opened to 6.4m on it's way to 22.5m in 2000.

MI3 opened to 3.8m on it's way to 10.9m in 2006.

MI:GP opened to 4.1m on it's way to at least 17.5m in 2011/2012.

• Like 1