Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' has reached all-time Top 15 list

2 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

Ah,,a simple question,is there anyone know if the wandering earth 2 released in Italy,was it usually have Chinese dubbed or not?

Even Korean and Indian movies are extremely rare, for our theaters the Chinese ones directly doesn't exist

10 hours ago, MG10 said:

Yesterday Me Contro Te made 800k, and it's unfortunately going to win the weekend with ease... 

I'd ask how awful can it really be, but it is a youtuber film, so the answer is probably a lot :hahaha:

Avatar had a good sat bump, 50M is absolutely not happening on this pace now though, hopefully can beat out tolo tolo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

I'd ask how awful can it really be, but it is a youtuber film, so the answer is probably a lot :hahaha:

Avatar had a good sat bump, 50M is absolutely not happening on this pace now though, hopefully can beat out tolo tolo

Yeah despite the incredible earnings of their youtube channel all their movies have very low budget, as if the bad script, acting, comedy plus the few ideas (since they make a film every 9/12 months) weren't enough

The result are the following: the first movie have 1.6 stars on Imdb, 1.8 out of 5 on MyMovies, 1 out of 5 on SentieriSelvaggi etc... 

Edited by MG10

Damn Italy people’s English is really strange…today I take another private law exam and when professor ask my question,she said ‘Contract’ and pronounce like ‘Cantrakt’,’Obligation’ like ‘Obaligution’’…

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Haha 1

The awful and unwatchable "Me Contro Te" opened in first position with 2.3M euros, it will probably finish with a 4/5M total

Avatar is second with 1.3M and has reached 42.1M, the next on the list is Che Bella Giornata at 43.5M (#6 all time)

Babylon opened third with 850k, in comparison much better than domestic where it opened with just 3.6M dollar

2 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

Damn Italy people’s English is really strange…today I take another private law exam and when professor ask my question,she said ‘Contract’ and pronounce like ‘Cantrakt’,’Obligation’ like ‘Obaligution’’…

Lol it must be a widespread problem since pronunciations are my only problem with English, probably because we dub everything and never hear how the original sounds...

Edited by MG10

@MG10 im intrigued, what exactly is this "Me Contre Te" and why is it so unwatchable?

I can totally understand the sentiment btw, a few years ago we had a movie trilogy "Fack ju Goethe" here in Germany, which were extremely bad and infuriating to watch, but somehow extremely succesfull because the majority of germans have BAD movie taste.

18 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

@MG10 im intrigued, what exactly is this "Me Contre Te" and why is it so unwatchable?

I can totally understand the sentiment btw, a few years ago we had a movie trilogy "Fack ju Goethe" here in Germany, which were extremely bad and infuriating to watch, but somehow extremely succesfull because the majority of germans have BAD movie taste.

It's films made and acted by youtubers for a mostly kid audience

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

JustLurking already answered but that's what I wrote about their movies: 

"Despite the incredible earnings of their youtube channel all their movies have very low budget, as if the bad script, acting, comedy plus the few ideas (since they make a film every 9/12 months) weren't enough"

And I forgot to mention that their audience is mostly kids so they also drag they unfortunate parents to the theaters...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JustLurking said:

It's films made and acted by youtubers for a mostly kid audience

16 minutes ago, MG10 said:

JustLurking already answered but that's what I wrote about their movies: 

"Despite the incredible earnings of their youtube channel all their movies have very low budget, as if the bad script, acting, comedy plus the few ideas (since they make a film every 9/12 months) weren't enough"

And I forgot to mention that their audience is mostly kids so they also drag they unfortunate parents to the theaters...

Ah ok.

Yeah, sounds like torture.

• Like 1

Well recently I started my work at the milk tea store in the city center,half-time(work 6 hours a day,4 days a week),and the boss of that store give me €500 per month,It that the standard salary for a half-time milk tea store’s waitress in Italy?

I check the Google found most waiters/waitress type job in Italy is about €8/hour,so…I think my salary is a little bit…low?

I’m only 19 years old student ,so I don’t have much experience about this,if anyone can answer me,I do appreciate

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

12 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

Well recently I started my work at the milk tea store in the city center,half-time(work 6 hours a day,4 days a week),and the boss of that store give me €500 per month,It that the standard salary for a half-time milk tea store’s waitress in Italy?

I check the Google found most waiters/waitress type job in Italy is about €8/hour,so…I think my salary is a little bit…low?

I’m only 19 years old student ,so I don’t have much experience about this,if anyone can answer me,I do appreciate

Hey don't get me started talking about work and salaries or I'll never end, but I think all Italian users here can confirm that compared to other developed European countries salaries are low (especially if you are young), workers rights are so-so and exploitation is too much, especially in jobs related to tourism and restaurants

That said 500 euros for a part time doesn't sound too bad, I've read many outrageous offers (personally 550 euros for 40 hours a week at the Brico of Brescia, but on twitter there are even worse screenshots...) but at the same time you could definitely earn more. Maybe in the future you'll ask for a raise, but I've never worked in that field so I have no experiences to share...

Anyway a milk tea store sounds really interesting, I don't think I've ever been to one and I hope you'll like it. Did they choose you in particular to speak English with foreign tourists or in general for the usual work?

Edited by MG10

Definitely better situation in the north side of things but getting underpaid is a pretty common occurence outside of STEM jobs (and even there if you have little luck) yes, and companies totally love cycling their interns so they can keep paying full time positions 500 a month because they are teaching you oh so much

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MG10 said:

Hey don't get me started talking about work and salaries or I'll never end, but I think all Italian users here can confirm that compared to other developed European countries salaries are low (especially if you are young), workers rights are so-so and exploitation is too much, especially in jobs related to tourism and restaurants

That said 500 euros for a part time doesn't sound too bad, I've read many outrageous offers (personally 550 euros for 40 hours a week at the Brico of Brescia, but on twitter there are even worse screenshots...) but at the same time you could definitely earn more. Maybe in the future you'll ask for a raise, but I've never worked in that field so I have no experiences to share...

Anyway a milk tea store sounds really interesting, I don't think I've ever been to one and I hope you'll like it. Did they choose you in particular to speak English with foreign tourists or in general for the usual work?

Yes,mainly speak English…but I check the Google,post a thread on reddit and many local people think the salary is bit low….will be like€650 in most common situation…ahhhhhh,damn My boss is the bad guy!!-`д´-

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Definitely better situation in the north side of things but getting underpaid is a pretty common occurence outside of STEM jobs (and even there if you have little luck) yes, and companies totally love cycling their interns so they can keep paying full time positions 500 a month because they are teaching you oh so much

Yeah when I was working in various mechanical/electronic factories the minimum wage was 1k euros per month (one of the few jobs where there is a minimum and it's also quite high), but they needed me only for a short period or in another case it was too heavy for my body

Funnily enough I'm more muscular now while working in a library, simply because I have more time and energy to go to the gym... From next summer however I'll have to find something else

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

From the idea of @Simionski on the Bulgarian thread, some box office forecasts for 2023

Likely over 10M euros:

- Fast X: tricky one, seventh and eight did really well but the ninth (damaged by covid) only 5M. We'll see

- Super Mario Bros Movie: it needs to do much better than Detective Pikachu and Sonic, and I think it will do it

- The Little Mermaid: despite the actress looking nothing like Ariel we are still talking about the Little Mermaid, grossing less than that would be quite bad

- Indiana Jones 5: this one will be interesting because the actor and saga are very popular but the previous one only made 12M

- Dune Part Two: previous one made 7.4M with some covid and some important competition

Likely over 5M euros:

- L'Ultima Notte di Amore: first and last Italian movie, interesting premise and Favino as the main actor

- Aquaman 2

- Guardians of the Galaxy 3: the previous ones grossed 7M, I don't expect an huge increase

- Transformers Rise of the Beasts

- The Flash: ok with nostalgia but he isn't Spider-Man and we still don't know anything about quality

- Mission Impossible 7: despite the enormous popularity of Tom Cruise all the Mission Impossible movies have strangely grossed only 5/6 million euros, I hope for a miracle but to exceed 10M we'll probably need to wait for the eighth film

- The Marvels

- Hunger Games The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes

- Ant Man 3

- Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse: hopefully, because the first made only 2.8M

- Oppenheimer

- A Haunting in Venice, if Death on The Nile did better I would have even said 10M

- At least one between Elemental and Wish

- At least one between Gran Turismo and Ferrari

- Kraven the Hunter, Morbius is less popular and probably worse and made 3M, so why not?

- Wonka: "the Chocolate Factory" was very popular especially on tv, maybe it can surprise us and reach the 10M

As we can see there isn't any film likely to gross over 20 million euros, last time it happened was in 2017 when Beauty and The Beast which was quite uncertain managed to end at 20.4M

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, MG10 said:

From the idea of @Simionski on the Bulgarian thread, some box office forecasts for 2023

Likely over 10M euros:

How "impressive" is 10 million euros in italy? what woould be its equivalent in the dom box office?