Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' BREAKS opening-weekend record for Hollywood films

Haunting in Venice is getting very good legs here. Almost 1.2 tickets sold. Italians really love this saga.

Pre sales for the eras tour look very good too. Right now is even bigger than Barbie, even if in the last days walk ups of course won't be big as for the Gerwig movie. 

Btw It's gonna have at least a very good First weekend.

pre Sales for Scorsese di Caprio instead are completely dead. Of course italians in general are not so pre Sales addicted and i'm sure at the right Moment with TV ads campaigns and di Caprio at least cute numbers will come but numbers at the moment are dramatic. On like 10 big The space cinemas i have counted like just six tickets sold 😇💀

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

@Sophia Jane I've seen you forecast for Spider Man 4, I'm a big fan too and I'm very excited to see Kingpin and Daredevil in action but probably also others from what I've heard from the rumors

But I don't know if it will do that much, especially not 20M here in Italy. Maybe 15M euros, we can only hope 🤷‍♂️

Way too early to talk about spidey4. If it's a straightforward film with no gimmick, even 15 seems too much.

"Io Capitano" had a solid run overall. Crossing 3M for an italian drama with little push/star power is a decent start for the market. If people hadn't completely lost hope in italian cinema (and unfortunately for good reason) this could've done a lot more, but alas, it's a start.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Now that I notice, this didn't even get #1 on admits - exorcist's 2nd friday did 😅

This really didn't catch on at all here.

It's not a surprise, Italy is certainly not her market

In the 2014-2017 period in USA she was already among the most famous singers, here instead she wasn't even in the top 10 just taking the American ones. And even after her recent success with the 8 albums in 4 years + the tour she still remains behind many other Italian and foreign artists

1 minute ago, MG10 said:

It's not a surprise, Italy is certainly not her market

In the 2014-2017 period in USA she was already among the most famous singers, here instead she wasn't even in the top 10 just taking the American ones. And even after her recent success with the 8 albums in 4 years + the tour she still remains behind many other Italian and foreign artists

I see. I am really "out" when it comes to what's popular as far as music and especially italian music goes 😛

My brother listens to a lot of italian rap stuff. all sounds like complete garbage to me, makes me feel like a "boomer" who doesn't get the kids and I'm 24:hahaha:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

I see. I am really "out" when it comes to what's popular as far as music and especially italian music goes 😛

My brother listens to a lot of italian rap stuff. all sounds like complete garbage to me, makes me feel like a "boomer" who doesn't get the kids and I'm 24:hahaha:

Ah don't worry Italian rap is indeed generally trash, and no matter how much some of its exponents get inflated the most famous artists remain the various singers such as Mengoni, Annalisa, Maneskin etc

Not exactly Michael Jackson sure, but still better than the various rappers

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

The trashy film by Me Contro Te opened with 1.9M and it should finish at 4M, while Killers of the Flower Moon instead opened at 1.7M and maybe it could reach 5M

Then the Taylor Swift movie still hasn't reached 1M

And for other titles we have Barbie and Oppenheimer which are going to end with 32.1M and 27.8M, much closer than what I initially expected

• Like 3

I also add that the 2020 Japanese drama "浅田家!" grossed 30k euros in its first weekend, I wanted to watch it but there wasn't a single theater showing it here in the fifth most popolous Italian province 🤷‍♂️

• Heart 1

Oct. 31

1. FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S - € 1.017.309 (126.868 adm) OD

2. SAW X - € 471.678 (58.551) - Tot. € 1.926.385 (241.993)

3. C'E' ANCORA DOMANI - € 436.374 (62.552) - Tot. € 2.322.097 (334.199) LM

4. COMANDANTE - € 162.449 (23.204) - Tot. € 162.459 (23.206) LM / OD

5. KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON - € 139.631 (18.110) - Tot. € 3.502.052 (473.590)

6. THE EXORCIST - € 107.603 (12.845) - Tot. € 3.065.470 (386.818)

7. ME CONTRO TE: VACANZE IN TRANSILVANIA - € 91.552 (13.722) - Tot. € 3.346.478 (495.061) LM

8. HAUNTING IN VENICE - € 51.052 (6.380) - Tot. € 8.438.737 (1.425.858)

9. TALK TO ME - € 48.135 (5.631) - Tot. € 2.238.526 (288.887)

10. IO CAPITANO - € 38.244 (8.890) - Tot. € 3.878.314 (663.151) LM

Edited by Zamor
  • Like 2

Ok guys it's time to talk about "C'è Ancora Domani" by Paola Cortellesi, the film opened with 1.6M euros, and between good reviews and her promotion it then increased by 110% in its second week and by another 30% in the third one

After three weeks it's already at 13M euros and it's the highest grossing Italian movie of the past 3.5 years, and excluding Checco Zalone movies it should became the highest grossing of the past 11 years

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, MG10 said:

Ok guys it's time to talk about "C'è Ancora Domani" by Paola Cortellesi, the film opened with 1.6M euros, and between good reviews and her promotion it then increased by 110% in its second week and by another 30% in the third one

After three weeks it's already at 13M euros and it's the highest grossing Italian movie of the past 3.5 years, and excluding Checco Zalone movies it should became the highest grossing of the past 11 years

Yeah, I noticed it this morning, this sunday came in at 1.9M euros wtf. 20M looks easy at this point, I wonder if it can challenge for top2 or even top1.

Absolutely incredible result for italian cinema (heard it's a good film too, so I'll probably go see it). Also if it beats Oppenheimer, Italy's yearly top2 would be two female-directed films lol

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 2

Hunger Games only did 340k for its wed OD, not that far above The Marvels' 280k, but I think both are pretty much just getting buried by "C'è ancora domani" which is just exploding at the BO.

Speaking of, it increased compared to last week again, with this wed up 17% from last wed, 680k today. Cume is at 14.78M and if it keeps the trend and increases on the weekend as well it will cross 20M by sunday (if this happens Barbie is pretty much toast). Market needed this badly.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Hunger Games only did 340k for its wed OD, not that far above The Marvels' 280k, but I think both are pretty much just getting buried by "C'è ancora domani" which is just exploding at the BO.

Speaking of, it increased compared to last week again, with this wed up 17% from last wed, 680k today. Cume is at 14.78M and if it keeps the trend and increases on the weekend as well it will cross 20M by sunday. Market needed this badly.

I thought Italian cinema has been doing quite good since A2. There are few movies that I realised Italy overperforms in relative to other Euro. Now with a local film breakout finally, 2023 is a good recovery year for Italy cinema.

• Like 2