Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' has reached all-time Top 15 list

2 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Yeah when there were 15 volume out they announced they had 200k copies in circulation each so we are talking about a manga who has at minimum 3 million copies in the country whose films are being treated like if it wasn't that popular... 

Not quite, they announced it had 200k first print (highest in the country!). But it really is baffling how little consideration this gets here, even moreso when all these films have proven they make money elsewhere anyway.

Damn Titanic ended its re-re-release at just 46k euros from Sole a Catinelle, so it will surpass it the next time (maybe in 5 years?). With Titanic and Avatar both gone is now time to update the all-time rankings:

For Cinetel (official list)

1) €68.7M - Avatar

2) €65.4M - Quo Vado? (ITA)

3) €52M - Sole a Catinelle (ITA)
4) €51.9M - Titanic

5) €46.2M - Tolo tolo (ITA)

6) €44.6M - Avatar 2

7) €43.5M - Che Bella Giornata (ITA)

8)€37.5M - The Lion King

9) €31.3M - Life is Beautiful (ITA)

10) €30.4M - Alice in Wonderland

11) €30.3M - Avengers: Endgame

12) €29.9M - Benvenuti al Sud (ITA)

Estimated (real list)

1) €72/73M - Titanic
2) €68.7M - Avatar
3) €65.4M - Quo Vado? (ITA)
4) €52M - Sole a Catinelle (ITA)
5) €47.8M - Life is Beautiful (ITA)
6) €46.2M - Tolo tolo (ITA)

7) €44.6M - Avatar 2
8)€43.5M - Che Bella Giornata (ITA)

9) €40.1M - Il Ciclone (ITA)
10) €38.3M - Fuochi d’Artificio (ITA)
11) €37.9M - Chiedimi se Sono Felice (ITA)

12) €37.5M - The Lion King (2019)

Edited by MG10
  • Like 2

Nothing interesting this week, Creed still going well, Ant Man drops heavily and it's the 7th gross of the week, while Demon Slayer is still in theaters and reached 340k euros. L’ultima notte di Amore with Favino opened in second position with 1 million euros, the reviews are good so let's see if it can reach 5M, even if for a drama/thriller it's quite difficult

Next week we'll see if EEAO returns in top 10 as well as other films seen yesterday at the Oscars

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

On 3/7/2023 at 5:21 PM, MG10 said:

Damn Titanic ended its re-re-release at just 46k euros from Sole a Catinelle, so it will surpass it the next time (maybe in 5 years?). With Titanic and Avatar both gone is now time to update the all-time rankings:

On 3/7/2023 at 5:21 PM, MG10 said:

real list

1) €72/73M - Titanic

Real List says that it's All-Time No.1 ~so, not at all interested in Cinetel Figures (⁠/⁠¯⁠◡⁠ ⁠‿⁠ ⁠◡⁠)⁠/⁠¯⁠ ⁠~⁠ ⁠┻⁠━⁠┻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Real List says that it's All-Time No.1 ~so, not at all interested in Cinetel Figures (⁠/⁠¯⁠◡⁠ ⁠‿⁠ ⁠◡⁠)⁠/⁠¯⁠ ⁠~⁠ ⁠┻⁠━⁠┻

Agree, but it's a pity the "unofficial" list isn't more famous here in Italy, unfortunately here the interest in the box office is very low (and nothing compared to Usa or other countries)

Edited by MG10
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Shazam opened with an absolutely pathetic 84k on thursday, not even 1/7th of quantumania OD. Will certainly gross less than half of the original (206k OD), possibly less than a third.

One of the most useless and uninteresting superhero movies ever made, that's like Marvel making a movie about Miss Marvel instead of a series and grossing like 200/300M WW

Regarding Italy instead I just wanted to note that the 35 years re-release of the Japanese movie Akira mare 250k euros in two days, with a weekly release it would have surely outgrossed Shazam... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MG10 said:

One of the most useless and uninteresting superhero movies ever made, that's like Marvel making a movie about Miss Marvel instead of a series and grossing like 200/300M WW

Regarding Italy instead I just wanted to note that the 35 years re-release of the Japanese movie Akira mare 250k euros in two days, with a weekly release it would have surely outgrossed Shazam... 

Yeah, I noticed that too about Akira. Italy seems to have a knack for old japanese cult film re-releases doing well, pretty solid numbers.

• Like 1

Shazam open with a terrible 800k euros, L'ultima notte d'Amore reach 2 million euros after an excellent -20% drop, EEAO is third with 700k (+2000% over last week) for a 1.6M total and Creed is fourth and with 6.2.M is now higher than Ant Man 3 and Puss in Boots 2

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JustLurking said:

John Wick had a fantastic OD at 351.462k thursday. JW3 for comparison was only 231k.

The first three made 1.5 million, 2 million and 3 million, for the fourth I predicted 5 million when I made my forecasts list in january and it started very promising

• Like 1

Started to feeling what the “Developed country” means with my classmates change the new yellow version iPhone immediately after its released

about 70% people around me use iPhone like this is “commonly used product” ,in my land using iPhone is considered as the symbol of middle-class…

Edited by Sophia Jane

4 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

Started to feeling what the “Developed country” means with my classmates change the new yellow version iPhone immediately after its released

about 70% people around me use iPhone like this is “commonly used product” ,in my land using iPhone is considered as the symbol of middle-class…

Damn I usually hear those things about kids in middle school (11-13 years) that want everything to conform with their classmates, at least the people in your class must have bought them with their own money and aren't spoiled brats...

But the funny thing is that 70% of the smartphones in Italy are Samsung/Huawei/Xiaomi, and Apple with their overpriced iPhones is in minority 

Edited by MG10

29 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Damn I usually hear those things about kids in middle school (11-13 years) that want everything to conform with their classmates, at least the people in your class must have bought them with their own money and aren't spoiled brats...

But the funny thing is that 70% of the smartphones in Italy are Samsung/Huawei/Xiaomi, and Apple with their overpriced iPhones is in minority 

I checked the data of market share shows that Apple is around 30.27% of smartphone market share in Italy(best selling phone in Italy of course,little ahead of Samsung),but my classmates all using Iphone(some of it even using old iphone 6),it’s really rare to see the situation,it’s shocked me that that new yellow version iphone (released 3.7 and need €1139 to buy one),I saw a lot of kids use it,maybe their parents buy it to them,two of classmates buy that yellow iphone after 10 days of its release,damn, my old Vivo makes me like a poor people in my class….(I have an iphone but only used it at home,the signal of iphone is too weak outside)

Edited by Sophia Jane

https://cineguru.screenweek.it/2023/04/incassi-box-office-italia-mercoledi-5-aprile-2023-super-mario-bros-37728/

1.2 million euros on the opening day, which was also a quite inconvenient wednesday instead of a more reasonable thursday

It's the 6th biggest OD since the start of the pandemic and apart from Marvel and Avatar only Minions did better

My prediction of 10+ million is looking more and more likely, despite not being that granted since Detective Pikachu and Sonic 2 made only 5M and 4M

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MG10 said:

https://cineguru.screenweek.it/2023/04/incassi-box-office-italia-mercoledi-5-aprile-2023-super-mario-bros-37728/

1.2 million euros on the opening day, which was also a quite inconvenient wednesday instead of a more reasonable thursday

It's the 6th biggest OD since the start of the pandemic and apart from Marvel and Avatar only Minions did better

My prediction of 10+ million is looking more and more likely, despite not being that granted since Detective Pikachu and Sonic 2 made only 5M and 4M

I think this can top 20M for sure. The 5-day for this will be way bigger than minions2 imho. If wed was this big, 5-day will be gargantuan.

Edited by JustLurking

On 3/24/2023 at 6:14 PM, Sophia Jane said:

iPhone isnt really all that expensive in West. Its just one week of work in most countries in West while say in India it will take a couple of months.

iphone is already expensive and then there are taxes. iphone 14 pro max cost ₹1.4 lakh ($1.85K) in India. Adjusted for Purchase power parity, that’s like someone in US buying a phone at $6K or so.

here iphone is a status symbol.

On 4/6/2023 at 10:56 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

iPhone isnt really all that expensive in West. Its just one week of work in most countries in West while say in India it will take a couple of months.

iphone is already expensive and then there are taxes. iphone 14 pro max cost ₹1.4 lakh ($1.85K) in India. Adjusted for Purchase power parity, that’s like someone in US buying a phone at $6K or so.

here iphone is a status symbol.

Here IPhones costs like 700/800 euros, but trust me the average salary in Italy isn't like the one in Norway and USA and it will take more like 2 weeks if you have a good job, and a month or more if you have a part time or are young and exploited (probably like Sophie's classmates and the majority of people their age)

And I've just seen that the Pro Max costs 1.1k euros at minimum, what a scam 😱

Edited by MG10