Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Kung Fu Panda 4' becomes biggest 2024 film

50 minutes ago, MG10 said:

And I that I thought 20.4M euros was more than enough to remain safely in first position, now Barbie out of nowhere could outgross it and maybe even No Way Home at 24.9M... 

missing NWH seems unlikely to me?

even on a conservative prediction assuming it gets hit to a degree by haunted mansion it will still cross 18M by sunday, with a mon-sun total of over 11M - it just seems unrealistic to me that it wouldn't make another 6M afterwards, and this is being pessimistic

especially since it's basically getting an open run for the rest of the summer...what's going to take away its audience? meg2? bomb beetle?

nah

9 minutes ago, Zamor said:

How much do you think it will drop in 2nd weekend? 30%?

I don't know. We never saw something like this in the Summer season so a prediction seems impossibile. We don't have any other thing to make a comparison. 

Right now i would say 40% and around 4.5M second weekend. But Who knows, it's something we never saw before, not for the money made (of course there have been biggest movies in the first week) but for how has been distributed in the week. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I always think the country is really safe and low crime after I came to this country,just like China,you can go outside even in the middle of night.but just a few minutes ago I met a bandits and rob my iphone,if  there’s not a lot of people around and help me,my iphone would already lost

My dream is broken.It was really scared,Probably I’ll never out of my home after 10 pm anymore.

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Sad 4
  • ...wtf 1

I‘m sorry if some Italian in the thread feel offended,I’m not mean to say any bad word to the country,on the contrary I feel very happy living here in this year,the culture,the brand new life experience,the food…but the fact is not everything is perfect.

Edited by Sophia Jane

3 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

I always think the country is really safe and low crime after I came to this country,just like China,you can go outside even in the middle of night.but just a few minutes ago I met a bandits and rob my iphone,if  there’s not a lot of people around and help me,my iphone would already lost

My dream is broken.It was really scared,Probably I’ll never out of my home after 10 pm anymore.

I'm very sorry to hear that, I hope you are ok! If I understood well, some people helped you and they did not rob you, I hope you did not lose anything.

I don't feel offended, don't worry, unfortunately bad people are everywhere. I've never experience something like that, but I can imagine how did you feel. Hope you continue enjoying living here, despite this bad experience.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zamor said:

I'm very sorry to hear that, I hope you are ok! If I understood well, some people helped you and they did not rob you, I hope you did not lose anything.

I don't feel offended, don't worry, unfortunately bad people are everywhere. I've never experience something like that, but I can imagine how did you feel. Hope you continue enjoying living here, despite this bad experience.

People here are good,they help me stop the crime.the fact is almost every my friends experience this,but I was lucky,I was here for 1 year and this is the first time I met Bandits,the other of my friends already experienced like 3/4 times.

I know there’s probably some policy correct in west but I don’t really care,I still want to say,almost every of my friends experience the bad things(thief,bandit),and the perpetrator are always the unregistered people who don’t have Identity here,90% of them are from Middle East ,Africa and South Asia,inculde the bandit rob my phone,who is the guy from middle east with no legal identity.the migrant problem seems a serious social problem here,the government should take care of these people,they are social unrest element and threat civil’s life.

Edited by Sophia Jane

7 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

It depends on where you are really, some places you could be out alone at midnight and be pretty relaxed, others I...certainly would not recommend it!

anyway barbie went down today (the horror!) for "just" 1.4M thu, 14.1M total. Expecting around 19M total by sunday, Barbie should dust NWH for #2 pandemic, let's see if it can go 30+.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

Damn I'm sorry to hear that, unfortunately crime is low but it's still there, especially in the bigger cities when it comes to stealing things. I hope you aren't agitated anymore and managed to sleep at least a little  😢

I remember that when I was in Rome a guy tried to steal the phone from my dad's pocket since it was sticking out from the back of the trousers, in broad daylight, in the middle of the street and with no people around, as if it was the most normal thing in the world. Luckily he changed his mind and kept walking in another direction as if nothing happened (I saw it from distance but was ready to pursue him in case) 

30 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Barbie - 1.297M fri

Definitely coming back to earth a bit after monster weekdays

Just 29% less than first friday. Asking for more would be too much 😅It's Just here summer weekends are strange so It seems strange a Friday It's lowest then wed but wed was near to the First saturday...so.

Weekdays from mon to wed even with 30-35% drop will be insane again and over 1M Daily. 

Edited by vale9001

4 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Just 29% less than first friday. Asking for more would be too much 😅It's Just here summer weekends are strange so It seems strange a Friday It's lowest then wed but wed was near to the First saturday...so.

Weekdays from mon to wed even with 30-35% drop will be insane again and over 1M Daily. 

I'm not saying it's a bad drop: just that relative to the absolutely ludicrous mon-wed and even thu it's coming to more reasonable (still big!) numbers

• Like 1

Question for the other visitors of the Italy thread, we have seen many movies recovering after a bad opening weekend or even more commonly dropping heavily after a good opening weekend, but have we even seen something reverse the trend after the first two weeks? 

For example having two bad weeks and then starting having good holds only from the third or having two good weeks and then starting dropping big only from the third? 

5 hours ago, MG10 said:

Question for the other visitors of the Italy thread, we have seen many movies recovering after a bad opening weekend or even more commonly dropping heavily after a good opening weekend, but have we even seen something reverse the trend after the first two weeks? 

For example having two bad weeks and then starting having good holds only from the third or having two good weeks and then starting dropping big only from the third? 

Mhm... The DaVinci Code? 2 or 3 great weekends and the a super-hard drop

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MG10 said:

Recently i don't remember anything similar, cause if you flop for two weeks you disappear so don't have the space to grew up.

For this kinda of reason kinda exceptions are some of the recent oscar winners: parasite with the oscar re release made like 4xtimes the money of Its first run maybe. Everything everywhere etc..too made more after the oscars.

If i remember right The whale had a little increase on its second weekend.

Back in the decades similar phenomenon were il ciclone by Leonardo Pieraccioni and Cinema paradiso. They started soft and they exploded after some week. 

• Thanks 1

Barbie reached 18M euros after just a 30% drop during the weekend, while Mission Impossible with a 40% drop reached 4M (I'm not sure if it can still reach 5M)

In the meantime Indiana Jones and Elemental continue their interesting battle after having both a 20% drop and a 5.7M total, with Indiana Jones outgrossing it on the weekdays and Elemental doing the same of the weekends

• Like 1

Anyone can tell me where can I see Oppenheimer in English in Florence?I check the whole internet and can’t found the single cinema have O.V Oppenheimer,But I really want to watch the movie…

If it doesn’t have any OV in Florence,please tell me where can I see it in Italy,I’ll take the train to get there,or else I have to go to France or Germany to watch it 

Edited by Sophia Jane

3 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

Anyone can tell me where can I see Oppenheimer in English in Florence?I check the whole internet and can’t found the single cinema have O.V Oppenheimer,But I really want to watch the movie…

If it doesn’t have any OV in Florence,please tell me where can I see it in Italy,I’ll take the train to get there,or else I have to go to France or Germany to watch it 

A google search tells me "Il portico" is planning on english shows and perhaps "Fiorello" as well but not sure about this one, no idea how big they are though

• Like 1