Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Kung Fu Panda 4' becomes biggest 2024 film

28 minutes ago, jma22 said:

@JustLurking So i was right, 37,5 on Sunday seems doable after this AMAZING friday holiday!!! Avatar 2 it's a monster legs, you can't compare this with historical precedent.

Guys belive me €50M it's the goal.

After 1,5 Friday, if Sat and Sun dont drop we coud see 38M after Sunday (optimistic way, yeah)

Probably more like 37.2-37.3ish looking again (maybe 37.5 high end but definitely not 38), but yeah with how well it held on thu+fri, 50 isn't impossible. 45+ seems very likely.

If it crosses 50, might even be the last film to do so in Italy honestly.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Probably more like 37.2-37.3ish looking again (maybe 37.5 high end but definitely not 38), but yeah with how well it held on thu+fri, 50 isn't impossible. 45+ seems very likely.

If it crosses 50, might even be the last film to do so in Italy honestly.

Until Avatar 3

14 hours ago, LPLC said:

Until Avatar 3

I think you're too optimistic, I saw this excellent result for Avatar 2 more as the swan song of our market, in constant decline but still able to give amazing performance with nostalgia and technological innovation like in this case. But for the third and the next ones I wouldn't be too confident, same for Checco Zalone who in the last film was less funny and "original" than in the previous ones and I think his peak of popularity has passed

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MG10 said:

I think you're too optimistic, I saw this excellent result for Avatar 2 more as the swan song of our market, in constant decline but still able to give amazing performance with nostalgia and technological innovation like in this case. But for the third and the next ones I wouldn't be too confident, same for Checco Zalone who in the last film was less funny and "original" than in the previous ones and I think his peak of popularity has passed

Yes but trust me James Cameron is not Checco Zalone 

2 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Yes but trust me James Cameron is not Checco Zalone 

For the objective side I don’t think James Cameron doing that great on Avatar 2

I just wish his Avatar 3 will be another masterpiece like Terminator 2

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Yeah, that's what I think as well. Would be amazing if Avatar as a franchise managed to hit these heights consistently but it feels more like the swan song of the market.

• Like 1

I found it’s hard for international students watching a movie in Italy,most of HLW film here don’t have English dubbed version,I have to go a real long way from my place to found a cinema which have English dubbed movie

Today I’m trying to watch Poss in Boots,but I searched the Google map and none of the cinema in 5km scope have English dubbed version

Is this the culture thing?because when I lived in China most of HLW film have English dubbed,and lots of Chinese people more willing watch the English version but not the local version

I’m not saying this is not good,Because I lived here but not work hard to learn your language,that’s my fault,but learning a language is not always a easy thing,I spend my 19 years life to get used to speak English,I think I need another one year to get to know some Italy’s language basic logic and most common used word,but even that,it’s still really not enough to understand a movie 

Edited by Bruce
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bruce said:

I found it’s hard for international students watching a movie in Italy,most of HLW film here don’t have English dubbed version,I have to go a real long way from my place to found a cinema which have English dubbed movie

Today I’m trying to watch Poss in Boots,but I searched the Google map and none of the cinema in 5km scope have English dubbed version

Is this the culture thing?because when I lived in China most of HLW film have English dubbed,and lots of Chinese people more willing watch the English version but not the local version

I’m not saying this is not good,Because I lived here but not work hard to learn your language,that’s my fault,but learning a language is not always a easy thing,I spend my 19 years life to get used to speak English,I think I need another one year to get to know some Italy’s language basic logic and most common used word,but even that,it’s still really not enough to understand a movie 

Subbed films are already niche on their own here, but for family films I'd be surprised if you found any at all. 90+% of their audience is likely to be families who are never going to watch a subbed film unless foreign. Plus puss is just doing ok, A2 is eating so many screens there just isn't space for sub puss shows.

Obviously not your fault and Italian is quite the bitch to learn, but yeah, I'm not even sure any theater is playing puss in english in the whole country to be honest lol

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Subbed films are already niche on their own here, but for family films I'd be surprised if you found any at all. 90+% of their audience is likely to be families who are never going to watch a subbed film unless foreign. Plus puss is just doing ok, A2 is eating so many screens there just isn't space for sub puss shows.

Obviously not your fault and Italian is quite the bitch to learn, but yeah, I'm not even sure any theater is playing puss in english in the whole country to be honest lol

You make me remember I spend a entire day to found a English dubbed Avatar 2 in the city

9 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Biggest 4th Weekend in Italy
1 Avatar €5.8m
2 Avatar The way of Water €3.8m
3 Ask me if I am Happy €3.2m
4 Ice age:Dawn of Dinosaur €3.2m
5 Finding Nemo €3.13m

Lol I spent a few seconds to understard that "Ask me if I am Happy" was "Chiedimi se Sono Felice", anyway are you sure there is no Checco Zalone? At least one of his 5 movie must have grossed more than 3M in its fourth weekend...

And to make a comparison with No Way Home (which won 5 weekends in a row), it grossed 2M in its fourth weekend for a 22M total, to later end at 25M

9 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Lol I spent a few seconds to understard that "Ask me if I am Happy" was "Chiedimi se Sono Felice", anyway are you sure there is no Checco Zalone? At least one of his 5 movie must have grossed more than 3M in its fourth weekend...

And to make a comparison with No Way Home (which won 5 weekends in a row), it grossed 2M in its fourth weekend for a 22M total, to later end at 25M

Source:https://zh.m.wikipedia.org/zh-cn/義大利最高電影票房收入列表#CITEREFCinetel2013

It have top 20 4th weekend of all time ,I just pick top 5

Zalone have Sole a catinelle  which over 3m on its 4th weekend,but kicked out top 5 by Avatar 2

Can’t sure IA3 is typo or something,it’s €3.2m but only ranked 7th biggest of all time,I assume it’s typo

Titanic also over 3m on 4th weekend

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1