Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Inside Out 2' BREAKS opening-weekend record for Hollywood films

2 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Damn at this point 15M euros for Barbie is almost locked, for anything more let's wait and see

For Mission Impossible instead there was a -38%, the total is now 3.1M which is 500k less than Fallout at the same point

Then there is also Le Otto Montagne which returned in top 10 a few months from the last time, the total is now close to 5.9M

I should go see MI7 this evening, curious to see if there will be crowd for Barbie (for a monday).

Such a poor result here for MI, it's also shot here.

12 hours ago, Zamor said:

I should go see MI7 this evening, curious to see if there will be crowd for Barbie (for a monday).

Such a poor result here for MI, it's also shot here.

Went to my local tonight for Mission, as I was saying... and it was packed for Barbie.

On Monday, never seen something like that in July. Even my MI screening was almost full.

25 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

So Summer is no longer an issue for box office here. I hope going forward we see more summer blockbusters. 

I think whatever month it is, if the film is a big event people will go. So more than summer not being an issue I think it is not an issue for barbie. Everything else this month has done pretty shit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zamor said:

Is it the best monday ever or I am going too far?

no idea, probably not but it's an unreal number for an opening that while very strong wasn't *that* insane...until now? think 20M should be a given now and 30M+ certainly open to consideration

like...I just can't imagine a film that just had a 1.5M non-holiday weekday can't make another 10M easily

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Zamor said:

Is it the best monday ever or I am going too far?

Bro, come on

Tolo Tolo in its first monday made 3.9M euros, while Quo Vado 4.1M. If we exclude Checco Zalone who plays a different sport we would need to check The Lion King and a few others, but Barbie should be in the top 10

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Bro, come on

Tolo Tolo in its first monday made 3.9M euros, while Quo Vado 4.1M. If we exclude Checco Zalone who plays a different sport we would need to check The Lion King and a few others, but Barbie should be in the top 10

Take it easy lol
Tolo Tolo and Quo Vado first Monday were like 3/4 Jan, still holidays. Of course I was talking about "normal" days lol Not even Easter Monday.

3 hours ago, across the Jat verse said:

Weather seems great in Europe along with vacations. Every European mkt held great.

weather in italy is...definitely not great :hahaha:

half the country is getting insane heat, the other half is getting crazy storms with some regions getting hail of this size

363323029_614808577429593_48301025053632

weekdays are just going complete bonkers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JustLurking said:

weather in italy is...definitely not great :hahaha:

half the country is getting insane heat, the other half is getting crazy storms with some regions getting hail of this size

363323029_614808577429593_48301025053632

weekdays are just going complete bonkers

Yeah the thousands of people with damages to their house or car (or both) now have certainly other priorities than watching Barbie or Mission Impossible in theaters, so it could have been even higher

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

it's gonna beat Mario total (20M euros and something) already this sunday? 💀

And I that I thought 20.4M euros was more than enough to remain safely in first position, now Barbie out of nowhere could outgross it and maybe even No Way Home at 24.9M... 

36 minutes ago, MG10 said:

And I that I thought 20.4M euros was more than enough to remain safely in first position, now Barbie out of nowhere could outgross it and maybe even No Way Home at 24.9M... 

any doubt will outgross both

the doubt is about endgame now 😅

• ...wtf 1