Quigley

ITALY (Botteghino): 'Kung Fu Panda 4' becomes biggest 2024 film

20 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I think El muerto will be the first CBM here, probably over 60M euros

I'm a big fan of Spider-Man comics and I've never heard of this dude, this movie will do even less than Morbius 😂

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2022 at 5:36 PM, SupermanLego said:

Is there a top 10 list for SH movies, can't find it ?

You are pretty lucky because I have every interesting list saved 😄, here is the top 10:

1) Avengers: Endgame (2019) - €30.28 million

2) Joker (2019) - €29.65 million

3) Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) - €24.65 million

4) Spider-Man (2002) - €19.26 million

5) Spider-Man 2 (2004) - €18.98 million

6) Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - €18.78 million

7) Spider-Man 3 (2007) - €18.05 million

8)The Avengers (2012) - €18.01 million

9) Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) - €16.57 million

10) Iron Man 3 (2013) - €16.09 million

Endgame is also the only one close to the top 10 of all-time, while Infinity War on the other hand was a disappointment and failed to exceed the 20 million

Edited by MG10
  • Like 3

Our incredibly dumb minister of health (along with the rest of the government) has made another of his many restrictive nonsense, the decision about cinemas and theaters of which I was talking a couple of days ago was resolved with the maintenance of the obligation of masks, but not until May 31st as it initially seemed but until June 15th. Moreover it will also continue to be required

the ffp2 mask instead of the surgical one, differently from what it initially seemed

Cinema owners are rightfully trying to raise a protest (Random article) as they have always been the ones with the most closures and restrictions since the start of the pandemic and many now risk bankruptcy, but I think it will fail like all the previous ones as they are simply too few and unfortunately the general population don't care about cinema...

• ...wtf 1

So ... we should expect another Big OD from Marvel Studios. I'm sure DS will open over 1.5 million euros.

easily over 2M? I don't know this time, sure the presales in my area are really big but how big? The goal for me is "The Avengers" 

2.3M on his OD 

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 1

Fantastic Beasts won its third weekend in a row (despite all the competition) but with a very bad 62% drop, the total is now 7.5M and The Batman (for the first time out of the top 10) now seems a goal a bit too far. In any case, Doctor Strange 2 comes out on Wednesday 4th and it should be able to overtake both by the end of the month

Quick update on our "fantastic restrictions and where to find them", the Italian cinema association has sent 5 letters of protest (link) for excessive and discriminatory measures to the following people: President of the Republic, Prime Minister and ministers of economy, culture and health. Let's hope for the best...

Edited by MG10
  • Like 1

So, I took a tour of the sites, reviewers and influencers who saw the film. The reviews are positive, ranging from 7 to 8.5

btw, this not a thing for The italian audience

2M € on OD? 👺

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Astonished 1

pre-sales situation of my theater

DS:MOM 4/05/2022 Opening Day

Energia h 17:30 :  374/630(+400 easily in the next hours )

Energia h 21:00 :  598/630

Fuoco h 20:00 : 90/220

Terra h 22:00 : 76/220

i dont understand the lack of show... btw great preseales. of course not at the same level  to EG or NWH

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:
1 DOCTOR STRANGE NEL MULTIVERSO DELLA FOLLIA (DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS) 04/05/2022 USA WALT DISNEY S.M.P. ITALIA € 2.004.121 271.343 € 109

2M 👺

blink-182 wtf GIF

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:
1 DOCTOR STRANGE NEL MULTIVERSO DELLA FOLLIA (DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS) 04/05/2022 USA WALT DISNEY S.M.P. ITALIA € 2.004.121 271.343 € 109

2M 👺

The total was later updated adding another 3k admission and 23k euros, very well

This is a pretty impressive opening day because I was expecting 1.5M, which was already remarkable considering that Batman and Fantastic Beasts made 700k on their first day

From what Cineguru says (link) it should be the sixth biggest debut for a Marvel movie (and fifth in the MCU), and now my forecasts for the total go from 12/13M to more than 15M...

• Like 2

Very good news for those interested (like me or also @Issac Newton), Crunchyroll Italia announced their first collaboration with Dynit and Nexo Digital (link) for the release of Jujutsu Kaisen 0 in italian cinemas, we don't have a date or the number of days of distribution yet but it's already a big announcement, and I really hope the fans will reward the effort by filling the theathers!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Very good news for those interested (like me or also @Issac Newton), Crunchyroll Italia announced their first collaboration with Dynit and Nexo Digital (link) for the release of Jujutsu Kaisen 0 in italian cinemas, we don't have a date or the number of days of distribution yet but it's already a big announcement, and I really hope the fans will reward the effort by filling the theathers!

Do you have any list on how Japanese Films has performed in Italy?

17 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Do you have any list on how Japanese Films has performed in Italy?

I don't have a list but I'm pretty sure that before 2010 they weren't released and after that date they tend to do quite bad with very few exceptions: Your Name only had a ridicoulous 3 days release but still managed to gross 540k and was later redistribuited for other 4 days reaching 700k, A Silent Voice was released for only 2 days but still grossed 340k and DBS Broly grossed 2.5M with a two weeks release (and at least in this case decent advertising)

Then there is Demon Slayer who grossed only 50k because it was released 6/7 months after the releases in streaming, dvd/blu-ray and digital...

Edited by MG10

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Lumiere Data gives only admits

943,893 : Pokemon 1999

185,987 : Pokemon 2000

111,459 : Pokemon 2001

This movie were released in Italy 

:redcapes:

Oh wow I didn't expect it, I checked on MyMovies (possibly the best best site to know very quickly the gross of a film in Italy) and there wasn't anything 😅

2nd day

1 DOCTOR STRANGE NEL MULTIVERSO DELLA FOLLIA (DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS) 04/05/2022 USA WALT DISNEY S.M.P. ITALIA € 1.051.547 144.226 € 3.102.237 422.304
Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

2nd day

1 DOCTOR STRANGE NEL MULTIVERSO DELLA FOLLIA (DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS) 04/05/2022 USA WALT DISNEY S.M.P. ITALIA € 1.051.547 144.226 € 3.102.237 422.304

Wow, that is quite a great hold isn’t it? $10m opening weekend is possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Wow, that is quite a great hold isn’t it? $10m opening weekend is possible.

Hey let's not exaggerate now, when a film come out so early (I still don't understand why the Wednesday release exists...) then Saturdays and Sundays usually aren't as big as they usually would be

After 2M the first day and 1M the second I expect 1M also the third and then a Saturday and a Sunday of 2M and 1.5M. So a nearly 8M debut that would already put it above the total gross of the first Doctor Strange 😱

Edited by MG10