Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just saying they can't predict because any franchise that beats theirs they lowball it.  This is basically the reaction of the new gap Cameron's new film will put out there between  fa and even Avatar tele. You have to be able to set aside the FB love and look at Cameron's statistics.  Yes it could lose the domestic war,  but going by titanic,  avatar and Camerons sequel support even before his legendary titanic.  Highly unlikely we don't see bigger numbers.  And we have posted tons of data in these pages that support why sws extremists are going to lose and usually can't predict behemoths well tele.  Funny thing Avatar will likely fly past my domestic prediction if Cameron delivers what he promised. I think he gets the hat trick domestically and os. And it's Cameron in all 3 spots domestically and abroad tele. Even you with that lowballing of 120m ow, obviously don't want to see sws lose.  Its very likely to happen.  Own for Dec,  you sws fans may hang on to that one though.  Grrr

Sws reaction of its domestic death and os killing will very close to this reaction. 

Edited by Kalel009Shel

8 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

And we have posted tons of data in these pages that support why sws extremists are going to lose and usually can't predict behemoths well tele.

You haven't posted any data, though. You've just posted what you want to happen. There's such a extreme range of variables right now it's pointless to claim some figure, especially for overseas or worldwide. The exchange rate could collapse. The dollar could dramatically weaken. Either of those factors would significantly affect the gross, without having anything to do with the movie's quality or how well it's received.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

What does any of that have to do with predicting box-office, though?

I was answering his question that yes I have a Lil fanbase and if disappeared  nearly 12000 folks would miss me.  And basically I keep track of stats that usually lean to me winning predictions or coming close on some factors.  Noctis and Darth all predict without logic and fail miserably. 

On if a 2016 project can go for sws domestic crown. Maybe batman and superman television if great beyond all expectations ,  but after that sw is safe for 1 yr 10mths give or take a few months.  Only a year to go for the son of juggernaut.  Fans are going to flip if Micheal Bien is in the sequel.  Sigourney is back too.  Lol just put paxon in and it's like an aliens reunion lol

7 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

my ass

I've been working on data trends and managed to create an equation capable of esitmating Avatar 2's gross within a 0.05% margin. If you don't believe just take a look at my blackboard here, I took the picture just for you as I know you love maths.

https://utopiandystopian.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/math-formula.jpg?w=676

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

You haven't posted any data, though. You've just posted what you want to happen. There's such a extreme range of variables right now it's pointless to claim some figure, especially for overseas or worldwide. The exchange rate could collapse. The dollar could dramatically weaken. Either of those factors would significantly affect the gross, without having anything to do with the movie's quality or how well it's received.

True,  but data of Avatar's true appeal,  hv sales,  how jpw and fa performed show that collapse of markets tele is highly unlikely lol. ?

Just now, Kalel009Shel said:

True,  but data of Avatar's true appeal,  hv sales,  how jpw and fa performed show that collapse of markets tele is highly unlikely lol. ?

But that doesn't have anything to do with what I was saying. If the exchange rates go to shit in some countries (say, China, or Russia, or wherever), the movie could still be super-popular and still stay flat or decrease from AVATAR. A2 will be dependent on international economic forces completely beyond its control, same as every movie.

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I've been working on data trends and managed to create an equation capable of esitmating Avatar 2's gross within a 0.05% margin. If you don't believe just take a look at my blackboard here, I took the picture just for you as I know you love maths.

ok

JoselineWhoops.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

But that doesn't have anything to do with what I was saying. If the exchange rates go to shit in some countries (say, China, or Russia, or wherever), the movie could still be super-popular and still stay flat or decrease from AVATAR. A2 will be dependent on international economic forces completely beyond its control, same as every movie.

China's market has exploded harder than an atom bomb, If you look at all the highest grossing films in China you will notice that they're all 2012+

The fact Avatar made 200m+ in 2009 was insane, the Chinese LOVED avatar.

Anyway to my point, the Yuan could be 5x less valuable and Avatar 2 would still make more than Avatar in China.

• Like 1

Tele, wrong again because he's sales,  Cameron's average multiplier.  His fanbase support. Lol your kidding right. It's not a matter of what we want to happen its what the facts point to sir.  Now stats don't always panout to mean a certainty.  Still the Dec Cameron mojo date... Titanic over 400 million total tickets sold, and right after Avatar with 97m ticket equivalent sold dom and over 330m tickets sold ww,  shows more of Cameron making records again,  not the delusions fueled by the small number of sws aka anti Cameron fans here sir.  Only thing that could hurt Cameron is mother nature at this point or a bad film.  And I've never seen Cameron make bad films like his great peers Spielberg,  Lucas, Coppola,  Scorsese, zemekis , have done. 

And now he's added the ape writers to avatar world breakers ....On paper box office Glory looks imminent to most of the box office predictors on the web. Nothing but 650-1.2b domestic predictions and 1.9 to 3.4b os predictions. And you know your 120 m ow prediction for a film so huge isn't logical tele. 

Edited by Kalel009Shel

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

China's market has exploded harder than an atom bomb, If you look at all the highest grossing films in China you will notice that they're all 2012+

The fact Avatar made 200m+ in 2009 was insane, the Chinese LOVED avatar.

Anyway to my point, the Yuan could be 5x less valuable and Avatar 2 would still make more than Avatar in China.

Sure, it was quite an eye-opener back then. My point is that some markets are volatile, and China's one of them. Yes, they've had massive growth recently, but they also have the potential for a complete nosedive. Or, if not them, others. We can't assume all markets will have the same strength as they did in '09, or that China's potential boom can cover other losses. Maybe yes, maybe no.

PS piranha 2 doesnt count as it was edited by studios and idiots.  Cameron broke into the editing room and made it watchable at least.  Lol

Tele your thoughts on Micheal Bien possibly in this sequel? Also would you like to see Michelle's Trudy character survive?  I know our dear chocoflies would prefer quarridtz stay dead, but lane is so good I hope he wins over chocoflies with his return. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Sure, it was quite an eye-opener back then. My point is that some markets are volatile, and China's one of them. Yes, they've had massive growth recently, but they also have the potential for a complete nosedive. Or, if not them, others. We can't assume all markets will have the same strength as they did in '09, or that China's potential boom can cover other losses. Maybe yes, maybe no.

You're completely underestimating James "Iron Jim" Cameron, not only is a the greatest director but he is also skilled almost every area that requires talent.

You think Jim can't see market trends and spot economy collaspses a mile off? He will postpone Avatar 2 until 2020 if he has to but it's making $3B overseas.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Lol that's funny Jimbo.  Haha