Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just think of the insanity when Michael Biehn or Bill Paxton gets cast as the commander of the new, invading Colonial Marine force.

Yes I think he will do  it now Telemachos, as remember he did plan on casting Micheal Bien but didnt want the first film in his mega saga associated with aliens..lol. Now that Cameron has shown he has a monster SWs killa Saga on his hands. He can bring his favorite go to character actors.. I was shocked no Bien in Titanic lol :P

Those days are long gone...

Hah hah  I think when it comes to Avatar all bets are off.. If they can have a movie that shows in multiple theaters that makes more money than any 3D film in history like Avatar 1 But on steroids. They will cut sucha deal good buddy. At least domestically ;D.

Yes I think he will do  it now Telemachos, as remember he did plan on casting Micheal Bien but didnt want the first film in his mega saga associated with aliens..lol. Now that Cameron has shown he has a monster SWs killa Saga on his hands. He can bring his favorite go to character actors.. I was shocked no Bien in Titanic lol :P

I want Hicks, Vasquez and Hudson in AVATAR2: ALIENS REDUX.

• Like 1

Avatar 2 could do, OS, what Avatar did WW. The potential is there.As for DOM, $400m has to be the absolute floor. Even allowing for the massive decline in 3D popularity (a surcharge which really drove Avatars gross), it would be unheard of for a sequel to such a massive film to drop by over $350m!

• Like 1

Hah hah  I think when it comes to Avatar all bets are off.. If they can have a movie that shows in multiple theaters that makes more money than any 3D film in history like Avatar 1 But on steroids. They will cut sucha deal good buddy. At least domestically ;D.

I think China will be a locomotive. They're so eager for that kind of presentation and be associated with that Cameron's juggernaut (I think Avatar sequels are produced in association with chinese companies), they'll certainly push for local 60FPS theaters. Imagine the gross if China is Avatar 2's main catalyst OS. It won't even need US gross to pass 2B this time. :o

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Avatar 2 could do, OS, what Avatar did WW. The potential is there.As for DOM, $400m has to be the absolute floor. Even allowing for the massive decline in 3D popularity (a surcharge which really drove Avatars gross), it would be unheard of for a sequel to such a massive film to drop by over $350m!

In the words of James Cameron...We will do better than that OS Robertron ;)

I think China will be a locomotive. They're so eager for that kind of presentation and be associated with that Cameron's juggernaut (I think Avatar sequels are produced in association with chinese companies), they'll certainly push for local 60FPS theaters. Imagine the gross if China is Avatar 2's main catalyst OS. It won't even need US gross to pass 2B this time. :o

I know right Frackking 350-500M in China alone. Didnt Avatar 1 in a smaller Chinese market make almost 300mil...Geesus.

I think Japan and China almost 500M between then. With markets far bigger Good Lord!!

Anyone have the numbers for the biggest markets for Avatar 1 OS..

I know the numbers are insane.

And folks forgot on no Decemberr film can have a 200+M OW, that folks came through mega storms to be part of a James Cameron  Mega event.. Back to back

OH NEW FLash my brothers and sistas. RHONDA ROUSEY JUST ANNOUNCED SHE HAS A BIG ROLE IN EXPENDABLES 3 !! YAYYYY!! Love her. Greatest Female MMA Fighter of all time baby!

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

In the words of James Cameron...We will do better than that OS Robertron ;)

It's not a guarantee to increase that much. Russia and China are the only locks to increase, IMO. Countries like Australia: it made over AUD115m which is double the 2nd highest grosser of all time, leading me to believe a decrease is pretty much guaranteed. Edited by Catching Robertron

A1 made 200m in China. With the marketing still growing like nuts, 400m in China for A2 is very possible. This is no exaggeration. This is how big the market in China has become.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

What do you predict my friend. Dash do you smell 300+M as a possibility?

It's not a guarantee to increase that much. Russia and China are the only locks to increase, IMO. Countries like Australia: it made over AUD115m which is double the 2nd highest grosser of all time, leading me to believe a decrease is pretty much guaranteed.

I think folks were mesmorized in Austraila, I cant see them not wanting to be part of the biggest event movie returning..

And thats the magic that Speilberg and Lucas and Zemekis have lost.. Jamess keeps making his top law dog films ultimate Epic Film madness you have to be part of.  Austraila will be big too Im pretty sure of that Robertron.. Their markets expanded too ;:)

What do you predict my friend. Dash do you smell 300+M as a possibility?

Yeah, absolutely. China's market is getting stronger and larger than 2009 so you take Avatar gross + expanded market + quality of the experience with Avatar's similar repeat factor = 300+M. I'm not ruling out VC2002's prediction though.

If there's one movie that call bold predictions, it's definetely this.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1