Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Pizzzer is a known Bo predictor and even he who is pessimistic just stated

your film has no chance and Avatar 2 should make at least 550 domestic and 2.5B OS..lol

HE predicts 3billion..

Pizzer whats your predict for the comicbook  sequel  Avengers 2 domestic and WW.

Maybe someone should tell BKB and Gokai that Juggernaut 2009 almost reached  the 3 billion mark in a far smaller

market and the avengers with the team up gimic , the years of building films to make 

this cool marvel cinemactic universe happen, in a far bigger market

could only muster 1.5b.. (Avatar 1 was only 200+ mil short  of 3 billion)And its OS BOs destroyed

the entire WW gross of Avengers lol. The Domestic gross of Avatar was also a great portion

of the WW gross of Avengers.. LOL@ BKB.

This is the fim, whose sequel will beat Avatar 2... I recommend some  vitamins for you pal.

Courts adjourned on BKB as well.. High hopes BKB High hopes..

Neo,Dash , Tarzan, Bballman, Pizzer lets have alot of  tissue  for thesem

arvel loonies when they  come back to terra firma. lol

The embarrassment of Avengers 2 by Avatar 2 will be the stuff of legend!!

Edited by Superman001

No one ever said he was washed up Kal, but you throwing around numbers for a sequel to the tune of 3B + is absurd and in the end, you have no concept how hard that number is to achieve much less what the 1st movie made.. Oh, and I've been in the box office game alot longer than you have and clearly all the way back to the BOM days before you ever thought of joining that site.. Granted, I lasted like 30 minutes, but still..

How so?? Can you show us a post of you in the 2002 era known on Bom  or superherohype .

No one has heard of your legend much here BKB.  So no I think not.

As FMPRo says you have no idea what being a box office debator  or legend is all about. 

The battle of me vs Pirates fans on Bom(lost that one vs Superman Returns, but the debates and combat

was legendary-Think that one made it to 500+ pages lol) , and the transformer battling  with me baumer , bbbal man yrs before 2007 and ST2009

is the stuff of legend. Lol some of our battles went on for 400+ pages.

So Im afraid you got ways to go BKB.  I did  hear you made a bit of a legend for yourself on world of KJ

though defending Marvel, but losing alot of battles :P

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

How so?? Can you show us a post of you in the 2002 era known on Bom  or superherohype .No one has heard of your legend much here BKB.  So no I think not.As FMPRo says you have no idea what being a box office debator  or legend is all about. The battle of me vs Pirates fans on Bom(lost that one vs Superman Returns, but the debates and combatwas legendary-Think that one made it to 500+ pages lol) , and the transformer battling  with me baumer , bbbal man yrs before 2007 and ST2009is the stuff of legend. Lol some of our battles went on for 400+ pages.So Im afraid you got ways to go BKB.  I did  hear you made a bit of a legend for yourself on world of KJthough defending Marvel, but losing alot of battles :P

I remember some if this lol, I had a bet with someone that ST 09 would outgross Wolverine and be the biggest film of May, can't remember who though.
  • Like 1

Also back in 2007-2009, alot of folks were saying on Bom James maybe washed up with these Cat people storyline and itswhole premiseSmart cameron fans knew better though..:)

I don't think anyone is doubting Cameron, even if he does top Avatar 1 quality wise, it doesn't mean it will automatically increase. Empire Strikes Back is considering better than New Hope and to most people even the best Star Wars film, that still took a huge drop in admissions.
  • Like 1

^^^ Also Neo folks are predicting  3.8-4+ billion due  to the first one doing 2billion + OS alone... in a much much much smaller 3d

market  and Imax market. If a  film  not even in the league of Titan and Juggernaut 2009  can do

nealry 900M OS in these new  much larger markets... What do you think the worlds biggest sequel is going to do OS.

IM3 is no Pandora experience...The results of the sequel and fans like myself buying 4-10+ tickets= Godlike results .  Of course

this depends if James doesnt get sloppy.. Its something he has never done with sequels.

Very stoked to see if A2 smashes up my predictions for it bigtime  Neo... I do the sig wager for 2 weeksswit

h your my friend if you take the ass whopping gap a bit down to  1.7 billion spank by Avatar 2 over Avengers 2

Its not like I don't have Avatar winning by a large margin. You don't think Marvel fans will buy 4-10 tickets to see AOU?

Even in 2D, I think it holds up really well.

I should really try to give the whole thing a go on Blu Ray. The thing is for me it's not just the 3d, it's the smaller screen too. Avatar was the true definition of a movie you need to see in the theaters to really appreciate.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

The only one that's going to increase from the 1st is TA2 simply because it's more popular right now than AVATAR whther anyone likes it or not, it's true..

Can't believe :o  you are still playing the its more popular card. Would matter if the movies were coming out next month, but Avatar has 1.5 years more to worry about hype. Lets wait til Summer 2016 and then then say no hype.

• Like 1

I am playing this card because it's effective and true and you know it..

No, you are just wrong, plain and simple. Do you really believe that hype need to be built over 2 years in advance? Avatar didn't hit its stride til August of 2009 that was 4 months out and look what it did. Yes early hype is good in the realm of a year or so, but more can be just as bad as good.

What happens is Kal will disappear for awhile completely shell shocked as to how something like this could possibly have happened to "Juggernaught 2016", then we'll hear of an overdose because of it and authorities will find Kal's lifeless body painted blue clutching an autographed copy of AVATAR signed by Cameron himself..

Now that's just cruel. :P

No, you are just wrong, plain and simple. Do you really believe that hype need to be built over 2 years in advance? Avatar didn't hit its stride til August of 2009 that was 4 months out and look what it did. Yes early hype is good in the realm of a year or so, but more can be just as bad as good.

I think we summed up long ago Neo buddy BKB ate of one too many Marvel Lunchpans..Its addled his intellect.. Is he not looking that Disney itself rushed to cut deals with Cameron and Fox to put up Avatar World..ROFL...And that when asked most people put Avatar way ahead of Avengers...

^^ And yes some folks will buy 2-3+ tickets for AOU, but Im pretty sure no one is going to be buying 3-10+ tickets for it at 3D prices..  I saw one gent who was 60-75 buying at least 8 tickets for his family at 19.00 a pop Imax( The super one in manhattan).. I mean Cameron so impressed this golden age moviegoer he spent nearly 200.00 for his entire family..

BKB is smoking that powerful stuff if he thinks any Avengers film is going to get that kind of love. Not Today and not everBKB.

Cry us a river marvel loon :P

• Like 1

The only one that's going to increase from the 1st is TA2 simply because it's more popular right now than AVATAR whther anyone likes it or not, it's true..

Just like his  nonsense about being known on BOM long before me(There were so many mavericks on BOM--lol BKB must think we are fools to think he was one of them and none of them were on there from 2002 making rounds-lol) , this is another one of his silly posts Neo you should book mark to your sig. .We are going to really make BKB cry with ridicule lol....

I don't think anyone is doubting Cameron, even if he does top Avatar 1 quality wise, it doesn't mean it will automatically increase. Empire Strikes Back is considering better than New Hope and to most people even the best Star Wars film, that still took a huge drop in admissions.

Ahh the best Starwars film still wasnt able to sweep away 6-90 yr olds imagination and have them coming back again.. SWS wowed mostly 5-40+ yr old generations Jessie. And as  great as empire strikes back was it didnt improve over leaps and bound over ANH...That is the difference between James Cameron's sequels and other great sequels.

Look at Aliens2 it improves on everything over the original and is far superior to predator and all the other aliens films..

Terminator to Terminator 2.. See the increase..  If it was any  other director you have a valid point, but James is no mere mortal at filmmaking.. He deserves his own catergory when given  the bank to fuel his intellect and imagination and talent.

Fox is sparing no expense... I expect glory to james yet again and in a far bigger market..

Oh yes 3billion+ is coming and who knows the results of Avatar 2 and James Cameron allowed to go full armada in terms of budget...could astound even me :).

No director has every turned in back to back All time unbeatable films.....Both which got over 60+ Film rewards. :) Titanic over 12 oscars I might ad,, Avatar too many rewards and what 8 or 9Golden Globe and they robbed him.>As all expected Avatar to win best director and best picture and at least 7-8 film awards after dominating the  Top awards all aroundthe world..

BOO! lol