Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

475-500M Domestic, give or take, is reasonable Kal.. I have TA2 at 640M Domestic and only because it trumps AVATAR 2 in both Hype this early in the game and that, well, no one cares about AVATAR 2 outside this forum.. Ouch iKal..

Posted Image

^^ LOl the mind of BKB is one of the wonders of the  box office forums world.

I guess hes a youngster so we will just pay little attention to nonsense posts.  lol

Yeah, then it comes out and BAM...people give a shit.James Cameron will deliver...I have no doubt. Granted, I don't think it'll make...we'll...Avatar money.

I just posted how Avatar has affected polictics , religion and cultures around the world. Only in BKBs fanboy looney mind does the world not watch  every move James Cameron makes lol. (Maybe someone should tell him hes in top most influential people in the world list and way up on it thanks to Avatar lol)

Haha, Kal, I am also thinking around 150 mil OW. :)

We can do it man think 150M with 7X multi--That would take us to 900M and yes...What folks are saying could be true... This is the first film with the potential to make 1billion plus in one run, but Im happy with  660-850+ mil domestic.

I wonder if Avengers will  break 540-550M domestic with Josh's reputation with sequels and followups? Hmmm

I must travel more than 400 kilometers from my home to Paris if I want to watch a movie in Imax so unfortunately I don't. (And If I got to choose i'd rather go to London to see it at BFI because I heard Disneyland's digital Imax and Paris liemax suck)

Oh man Im going to be cheering you on and I hope you get an Avatar shirt my friend for this world shaking event...Hey and no worries some Imax do suck and you get much better Digital 3D experience in othe theaters.. So Im sure your going to experience the way it was meant to be seen Dash either way.. I'll have 100-200.000 worth of tickets for A2 if its as good as I know Cameron will make it! ;) I love BKB's meltdown..The fool cant keep up us as his intellect cant even show us a logical explanation on why he sees a drop off to 475M domestic for Avatar and it Avengers some how doing what no comic film has done before

make Titanic numbers WW lol (He says 1.8B WW for TA2 lol and way under for A2 .. BKB Still has no testicles to put up a WW predict for the Juggernaut!!) :ph34r:

Meltdowns this early. Lovely.

Lol come on now Ive been away for a while , but you really didnt expect BKB to win did you my friend LMAOO>..His brain has far move deeper levels to  evolve to before he can keep with the arguments us intellects are going to give him on why  Avengers has pretty much no chance to win domestically or worldwide

James Cameron is carry with him the comic fans , titanic fans, Avatar one and SWs fans, the golden-age through current frequent moviegoers.. The mans name is at this point a mega brand... As long as he doesnt screw up a film or do something heinous publically... A2 will take its rightful place likely in 2nd or 1 spot alltime  just like its predecessor!!

I can see BKB and lil munchkin sidekick Gokai 's spines crumbling in our hands , just like their belief in their own movie to even be put in 3 syallables with the Return to Pandora!

well it definitely won't hold as well as the first Avatar. But it'll still hold better then Star Wars 7

Says who.....Terminator 2 had huge legs with a huge OW, Titanic started with 30m and went on to 600+M domestic (thats over 1 billion today Killi :D) I beg to differ....All James cameron films have legs..All his mega epics  have legs ontop of legs.

No less than a 5.5X multi..And it could even with a bigger OW do the incredible go beyound 8x!

Thank you, thank you , thank you.......For this announcement coming....

Avatar 2 has now doubled the avengers sequel and is crossing into unheard of Box office repeat business. The James Cameron masterpiece has made over 3.6Billion so far!!...Yes 3.6B with a B ....

" James can you spare a brother a buck???!!!" ---Dave Letterman February 28th 2017. :)

" So let the future be written so let it be down!"

475-500M Domestic, give or take, is reasonable Kal.. I have TA2 at 640M Domestic and only because it trumps AVATAR 2 in both Hype this early in the game and that, well, no one cares about AVATAR 2 outside this forum.. Ouch iKal..

Posted Image

No way thats a JPII drop and btw what is your low #'s for Avatar 2? Should have said at "worst" will do 500M. 500M actually 510M is the same % drop as ESB had for ANH.

What is your "worst" prediction for Avatar 2?

Edited by Neo

Lol very low, logic and history shows James Cameron has no limits...And since his last mega films had a 20x and 9.8 Multiplier..

Im pretty sure no matter how big Avatar 2 opens it should get at least a 5.5-8 Multi!

Called a 5X nearly 4 years ago for Avatar 2.

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1

Still a cut in half of multi, seems harsh.

Not really, I don't expect Avatar 2 to have the same legs as the first after Christmas, it's just not happening. I don't see how a 4.45 multi for a 150m opener should be considered 'low'. This is still a sequel at the end of the day.

Not really, I don't expect Avatar 2 to have the same legs as the first after Christmas, it's just not happening. I don't see how a 4.45 multi for a 150m opener should be considered 'low'. This is still a sequel at the end of the day.

Competition? If this then why is it a problem? Look at May 2015 as of now looks weak and imagine it stays that way. Do you think that if AOU can muster that kind of staying power a movie that did nearly double TA WW take can't do the same? TDK did a 3.3X in July/August, a 1.1X jump is not possible with XMas, NY, MLK coming up?

And Jesse..I think not, when a movie does nearly 3 billion at the boxoffice and then another 2 -3 billion plus in merchandising..

and has James Cameron the maker of Titanic,  Avatar  i, Terminator  and Terminator 2, Aliens stamped on it.

It is something else entirely..   It is legend and only in competition with itself :)......

Avatar will have legs and possibly have better legs than the first knowing James Cameron!  ..A man makes a film about 

a gent in a wheel chair jumping into blue cat  body and this one film will have a total revenue of beyond 10 billion and span a cult following that will break SWS  and HP franchise total revenue and you think the sequel will perform like regular films Jessee?? Come on now. lol>   Avatar 2 will be the most anticipated film in movie history it will break records and possibly be the first 150-200mOW

in December if it opens on Friday(And IM pretty sure it will lol)

The trailers the music of Horner and Akkadian Empire.... Man Nothing is going to stop Avatar besides people running out of repeat viewing money all......>Yeeeehaawwww!!

" He will be an outcast"  They will kill him!""How??  " He will be a god to them !"(This kind of sums up  how small other films are to james Camerons juggernaut 2016)

Again Correction this is a James Cameron sequel from the man that has done they greatest sequels and epics in history.

It isnt your comic book sequels or the weak SWs Sequels or the Might HP... It is a man who will carry the force of Titanic, Avatar, Sci-fi, Fans Golden-Silver Age movie goers all wanting to experience  something beyond  the first film.

He needs to satisfiy just a small percent  of his brand's base Jesse to destroy Avatar I...Watch how you see this film in either the number 1 or number 2 all time spot pushing Titanic into 3rd all time potentially...Incredible James, we believe in you!