Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

At this point, I think Star Wars Vs. Cameron is far more interesting than Marvel Vs. DC, which just comes off like fanboys being childish and stupid. At least with the Cameron Vs. Star Wars thing, you actually have the possibility of Avatar 2 regaining its position as the highest grossing film ever, over TFA.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

As probably ain't making 900m dom and around 1.8 to. 1.9bww

But focusing on some faltering in legs is so jpw hangs in there.  Sws approaching 1.1b ww. 

SW will make over 900M DOM & over 2B WW. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

At this point, I think Star Wars Vs. Cameron is far more interesting than Marvel Vs. DC, which just comes off like fanboys being childish and stupid. At least with the Cameron Vs. Star Wars thing, you actually have the possibility of Avatar 2 regaining its position as the highest grossing film ever, over TFA.

Just my two cents.

Tbh I disagree because Star Wars doesn't really stand a chance, atleast batman vs superman could beat AoU

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

It's all stupid garbage. At least here we get the pleasure of people accusing the mods of being paid shills

• Like 3

Just now, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Worldwide, sure, domestically, though, TFA may still have the top spot under wraps.

Yeah I suppose if you're American that could mean something :>

I'm just messing by the way Starwars vs Cameron is great fun.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

It's all stupid garbage. At least here we get the pleasure of people accusing the mods of being paid shills

True.

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Yeah I suppose if you're American that could mean something :>

I'm just messing by the way Starwars vs Cameron is great fun.

It's all fun and games until one of the fanboys complains or something.

7 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Just my two cents.

Actually Avatar will still be the highest grossing film ever.  The juggernaut 2 will rip the domestic crown back in 2017. I'm wondering how far the avatar, 2 will push the new benchmark for the domestic elite. 

3 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Actually Avatar will still be the highest grossing film ever.  The juggernaut 2 will rip the domestic crown back in 2017. I'm wondering how far the avatar, 2 will push the new benchmark for the domestic elite. 

3 billion worldwide perhaps. Ha-ha!

Some are saying ,170-220 plus m 3 day own with  a out ofbthis world 6x to 8 X multi.  Holy shit.  Can you imagine 1.2 to 1.6 b domestic. Wonder if baumerfett and Darth could process such a come back ass whipping.  On one of the many gigantic  fb  fanpages50m strong. Fans  8 to 50  aiming to watch Avatar ii 6-30 times.  We are going to do it Cameron maniacs.    We will chew up the odds against us and rules of bo like Jiu jiu beads. 

Edited by Kalel009Shel

18 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

DamienRoc... Avatar vs The Force Awakens is the greatest gladitor match in the history of the world.

entertainment vs fun

Science vs Fiction

child of Cameron vs flick of JJ

What the fuck? None of these comparisons make sense.

18 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's the same as a sport in the sense of the competition and rivalry. I don't really know about these American Football teams but Avatar's Franchise will be bigger than Star Wars in 5 years once they dilute star wars dry and Avatar has 4 masterpieces.

The Yankees are a baseball team from New York. Their 1998 team is in the argument for best in the history of the sport. They won 114 games and then went on to win the World Series. (The 2001 Mariners had more regular season wins, but lost to the Yankees in the ALCS and thus didn't get to the Series.) I -hate- the Yankees with a passion, but I have to acknowledge that their run in the late 90s was absolutely fantastic.

The Pittsburg Steelers are an American Football team. The Steelers have won a record 6 Super Bowls, AFAIK. (I care about Football considerably less than baseball, so there are more gaps in my knowledge.)

Do you see why you can't compare the two? They are totally different sports and really beyond saying that it involves two teams, a ball, and are generally played in North America, there isn't a whole lot that you can draw up for any meaningful conclusions.

At this point, Avatar is not a franchise. It is one film.

Star Wars is a franchise. It covers multiple media and several decades. It has many movies and a lot of ups and downs with regards to financial success and reception over time.

Drawing up Star Wars vs. Avatar is ludicrous in any attempt to have meaningful discussion.

It's just like bringing up Marvel vs. DC. Sure, you can cheerlead your favorite of the two, but you aren't going to be saying anything intelligent while doing so. People who pick sides while discussing movies are generally doing themselves and the discussion a disservice.

3 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

^lol empire force is strong in the fans but not that strong.  I can see the headlines.  Force fails to bringdown titanic.  Avatar and titanic remain king and Prince of the world.  Sorry empire ?

Your not in Kansas anymore.  Your on Pandora 

!

https://youtu.be/Z8MVU1xxjik

Star Wars: revenge of Titanic, all sws dreams sink to The Abyss and are Terminated.

I hope all have you sws fans have an extra pair of Chewy underwear to bring to the Avatar 2 premier.

"I can tell you one thing about them [Avatar Sequels]," Cameron laughs when Empire nonchalantly enquiries about storylines. "They're gonna be bitchin'. You will shit yourself with your mouth wide open."

http://defamer.gawker.com/james-cameron-avatar-sequels-will-make-you-shit-yours-1663821291

2 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

What the fuck? None of these comparisons make sense.

Avatar = entertaining and TFA = fun.

Avatar = science and TFA= fiction

Avatar = Child of Cameron  and TFA=flick of JJ

I wasn't talking about sports if thats what's confusing you.

You're getting hung up on the franchise thing, Star Wars vs Cameron, TFA vs Cameron, Avatar vs Star Wars, Avatar vs TFA. It's all the same.

6 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Some are saying 220 plus my with some 6 to 8 Xmas multi.  Holy shit.  Can you imagine 1.2 to 1.6 be domestic. Wonder if baumerfett and Darth could process such a come back ass whipping.  On thebfb damage 50m strong. Fans saying everyone watch Avatar 6-30 times.  We are going to do it Cameron maniacs.    We will chew up the odds against us and rules of both like Jew Jew bids. 

Yea, I'm done being annoyed.

After knowing you for 7 years, there is no doubt in my mind anymore that you suffer from intense delusion (not just with Avatar).

Say whatever is on your mind, Kal...it's not right for me to get mad at someone who is so disconnected from reality. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Avatar = entertaining and TFA = fun.

Avatar = science and TFA= fiction

Avatar = Child of Cameron  and TFA=flick of JJ

I wasn't talking about sports if thats what's confusing you.

You're getting hung up on the franchise thing, Star Wars vs Cameron, TFA vs Cameron, Avatar vs Star Wars, Avatar vs TFA. It's all the same.

No, I got what you were talking about. I'm saying that none of the things you said out make any sense. "Entertainment vs. Fun"? "Science vs. Fiction"? What the actual fuck? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Cameron actually put thought into science behind the film, you'd be extremely suprised by the amount of thought Cameron puts into his films. Whereas locus uses magic known as the force and virtually all of it doesn't try to make sense.

He had help from qualified people to design this ship, it's like everything in the film is trying to make sense and be somewhat plausible.

Where Star Wars is what will look cool and thats it. No thought into how practical something would be. Then they have to come up with loads of crazy reasonings outside of the films.

Why do lazors fire so slow?

Why do they use light sword and not guns, apart from looking cool?

Surely a earthling shotgun, yes americans im talking to you. Would kill a jedi. Jedis have to move their hand to force push afterall.

I'm actually interested to know the "lore" answers to these questions, which were clearly just added after the cluelessness happened in world building.

12 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

No, I got what you were talking about. I'm saying that none of the things you said out make any sense. "Entertainment vs. Fun"? "Science vs. Fiction"? What the actual fuck? 

Thought you would understand with that signiture of Batman vs Superman and all :>

Lex Luthor: Black and blue. God versus man. Day versus night.

Lex Luthor: The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world. The son of Krypton versus the Bat of Gotham.

Please don't try to claim you knew it was a reference from the start and you still don't understand.