The Stingray

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Vs. The Dark Knight. A Stingray Showdown.

Cap 2 Vs. TDK.  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

• Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    • The Dark Knight

In terms of style and substance, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the closest Marvel has gotten to DC's The Dark Knight. Therefore, I thought this would be a good time to do another edition of Stingray's patented Showdowns.

Begun, the Flame War has...

Posted Image VS Posted Image

Acting
Cap 2 - 8
TDK - 9

Action
Cap 2 - 9
TDK - 7

Ambition
Cap 2 - 9
TDK - 9

Cinematography
Cap 2 - 8
TDK - 9

Dialogue
Cap 2 - 8
TDK - 7

Direction
Cap 2 - 9
TDK - 8

Emotion
Cap 2 - 8
TDK - 7

Score
Cap 2 - 6
TDK - 8

Script
Cap 2 - 9
TDK - 7

Villains
Cap 2 - 8
TDK - 10

TOTAL
Cap 2 - 82/100
TDK - 81/100

WINNER --> Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Posted Image
Edited by The Stingray
  • Like 3

Not only do we have Marvel vs. DC trollbait, we have European early access vs. US domestic release trollbait

This thread will clearly end well

The two movies do share several similarities. This thread is meant to spark conversation, not incite a riot.

• Like 1

For me TDK has more memorable scenes which is my definition of a good movie.

As good as CA:TWS was I don't think any scenes left a lasting impression. 

Genuine question to you all, which scenes from CA2 do you think you'd remember 5 years from now? 

The two movies do share several similarities. This thread is meant to spark conversation, not incite a riot.

I know it's what you intend, but The Dark Knight is the Holy Grail of the Church of Nolan, which is a major faction here. They will howl and they will rage, and this will cause the Whedonites to assemble in defense with equal fervor.

Meanwhile the Webbies will stand off to the side and ask about TASM 1 and 2, and the brawl will halt long enough for all to laugh at them.

• Like 5

I know it's what you intend, but The Dark Knight is the Holy Grail of the Church of Nolan, which is a major faction here. They will howl and they will rage, and this will cause the Whedonites to assemble in defense with equal fervor.

Meanwhile the Webbies will stand off to the side and ask about TASM 1 and 2, and the brawl will halt long enough for all to laugh at them.

Didn't think this site was so religious. So what I'm doing is heresy? :)

Edited by The Stingray

For me TDK has more memorable scenes which is my definition of a good movie.

As good as CA:TWS was I don't think any scenes left a lasting impression. 

Genuine question to you all, which scenes from CA2 do you think you'd remember 5 years from now? 

Interesting point. I agree that there aren't any scenes in Cap 2 that are really memorable, but at the same time I can't think of any from TDK either, aside from maybe the ending. Genuine answer. :)

Didn't think this site was so religious. So what I'm doing is heresy? :)

Consider each fanboy group to be its own religion. Nolanites, Whedonites, Webbies, X-Men, etc are all rival sects within the larger Superhero Religious Group, sort of like Lutherans vs. Calvinists vs. Anglicans and so on within the overall Protestant group

Wow Stingray trying to take on some Nolanites lol..

As much as I love cap, I dont think its up to Spiderman 2 level quality , which is the only movie from a marvel icon that matches up to TDK nicely and in someways actually surpasses in rewatchability and on the epic meter.

I think both TDK and SM2 are 10 out of 10 for different things they brought to the table Stingray compadre. :)

I cant wait to see if Winter Soldier wows me on the level of the big two.

So you liked  Winter soldier more than TDK and SM2  Sting? Also whats the BO in UK.. How did Cap2 open ?

I won't say anything until I actually see The Winter Solider, but it getting a 9 versus a 7 in Script seems a little bit too far to me. The Dark Knight had a brilliant script.

Edited by ChD

Wow Stingray trying to take on some Nolanites lol..

As much as I love cap, I dont think its up to Spiderman 2 level quality , which is the only movie from a marvel icon that matches up to TDK nicely and in someways actually surpasses in rewatchability and on the epic meter.

I think both TDK and SM2 are 10 out of 10 for different things they brought to the table Stingray compadre. :)

I cant wait to see if Winter Soldier wows me on the level of the big two.

So you liked  Winter soldier more than TDK and SM2  Sting? Also whats the BO in UK.. How did Cap2 open ?

Imo, Cap 2 and SM 2 are pretty much on the same level. Both are better than TDK. :)

Have no idea about UK box office. I live in Sweden. :mellow:

I won't say anything until I actually see The Winter Solider, but it getting a 9 versus a 7 in Script seems a little bit too far to me. The Dark Knight had a brilliant script.

Nah, TDK script had plenty of stupid shit in it.

• Like 1